Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Flip-Flops

Status
Not open for further replies.

gilli

Banned
Hey..
Guys Do you think flip-flops only belong on the beach? Or do you rock them all summer long, everwhere you go? Do you find them to be tacky when worn outside the beach?

DougC

Practically Family
EVerywhere! Of course I spent a ton of time at the beach/pool when I was growing up...I taught sailing and windsurfing for spending money during high school. Like the Teva ad line said, "Free your feet, your mind will follow."

HeyMoe

Practically Family
flip-flops = shower shoes and IMHO that is about the only place a guy should wear them. I say guy because my wife is a flip-flop fanatic and has 20+ pairs that she wears from spring until it snows again.

Captain Lex

One of the Regulars
I hate the feeling of having things between my toes, so when I do need shower shoes I go for soccer sandals. In the summer, when, due to my shorts, it would be at least feasible to wear sandals, I wear boat shoes instead. There are some people for whom their aesthetic works with flip-flop (e.g. Jimmy Buffet), but I am not such a one.

dnjan

One Too Many
I dislike how flip-flops induce a shuffling-like walk in many wearers.
The shuffle doesn't look as out-of-place at the beach, but is easily noticeable when walking on hard surfaces (sidewalks, etc.).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo