Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Floods in Australia

TiltRotorFlyer

One of the Regulars
I'm curious, do any of you know how the flooding in Australia has impacted Akubra and the retailers? I know Hats Direct is in NSW but I believe the flooding has reached that state as well. What a disaster! Hope our Australian FL folks are holding up OK!

Harry Gooch

One of the Regulars
I'm curious, do any of you know how the flooding in Australia has impacted Akubra and the retailers? I know Hats Direct is in NSW but I believe the flooding has reached that state as well. What a disaster! Hope our Australian FL folks are holding up OK!

I was thinking the same thing as I watched the news this weekend.

Best wishes to all our Aussie friends.

Harry.

monbla256

Call Me a Cab
The Akubra Hat Factory is now based on the mid north coast of New South Wales in the town of Kempsey, having relocated from Sydney in 1974. From the latest reports I have read the flooding has not hit that area. The Aussies here on the Forum have not been as active, but I have not heard that any of them have been effected by the flooding yet. I sure hope not :)

Onward thru the Fog :)

Ben Sharples

New in Town
Last time I spoke to the guys and gals at the Hattery they seemed fine...Being higher in the mountains meant that they missed a lot of the worst of it, although they got soaked apparently (delayed a hat over New Years thank God!)..
Oh, and it's nice to meet you all..
All the best..
Ben

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner