Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Footwear to go with our jackets

chollie

One of the Regulars
Either Blundstone 500 or 510 just about every day for the past 20 years or so. I've not found a better boot when taking cost/style/comfort/durability/versatility into account.

A while back a lot of people sounded off when they stopped making them in Australia but I've noticed no difference in the product.

lina

Practically Family
White's Boots.
IMG_0860.JPG

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
For leather sneakers, my favorite brands are Common Projects and Wings + Horns. For canvas sneakers, my favorite brands are Nigel Cabourn and The Hill-Side.

I've always wanted a pair of Common Projects. Haven't tried Cabourn or Hill-Side. Have you tried the Lofgren sneakers? I love mine to death.

@red devil no, they are just a size 10E.

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I just got confirmation from Baker's Boots that my new Wesco 7400 engineers are on the way! I love the first pair of these I bought so much that I ordered another pair, this time in their brown domain leather. I will post pics as soon as they arrive.

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
Either Blundstone 500 or 510 just about every day for the past 20 years or so. I've not found a better boot when taking cost/style/comfort/durability/versatility into account.

A while back a lot of people sounded off when they stopped making them in Australia but I've noticed no difference in the product.

I think the difference came about 25 years ago when they slimmed down the boot and started compromising on the thickness and quality of the sole. Nevertheless, I don't have a huge issue with the boot's quality, I would just rather pay for a boot made in Australia, supporting Australian jobs and industry. Redbacks do last longer but I think they did when Blundstones were made here.

I think the difference came about 25 years ago when they slimmed down the boot and started compromising on the thickness and quality of the sole. Nevertheless, I don't have a huge issue with the boot's quality, I would just rather pay for a boot made in Australia, supporting Australian jobs and industry. Redbacks do last longer but I think they did when Blundstones were made here.
Which is exactly how I feel about jackets. And most other things. Others are free to support their homelands as well.

Grayland

Call Me a Cab
I just got confirmation from Baker's Boots that my new Wesco 7400 engineers are on the way! I love the first pair of these I bought so much that I ordered another pair, this time in their brown domain leather. I will post pics as soon as they arrive.

It appears that the brown domain leather is no longer available, correct? I bought a pair of Wesco boots in their traditional leather (not domain) and the leather is just as stiff as can be. The boots are great and I'm making a point to wear them as much as possible, but would much prefer a softer leather for my Wesco engineers. In my "research", it looks like brown domain leather isn't available any more - only domain leather in black or burgundy. I haven't spoken to anyone, only viewing websites.

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
It appears that the brown domain leather is no longer available, correct? I bought a pair of Wesco boots in their traditional leather (not domain) and the leather is just as stiff as can be. The boots are great and I'm making a point to wear them as much as possible, but would much prefer a softer leather for my Wesco engineers. In my "research", it looks like brown domain leather isn't available any more - only domain leather in black or burgundy. I haven't spoken to anyone, only viewing websites.
Grayland,
As far as I know brown domain is still an option. I asked Baker's to confirm this before I placed the order and they said it would be no problem. I would recommend reaching out to them or to Wesco directly.

Grayland

Call Me a Cab
Grayland,
As far as I know brown domain is still an option. I asked Baker's to confirm this before I placed the order and they said it would be no problem. I would recommend reaching out to them or to Wesco directly.

You're right. I spoke with Kyle at Baker's Boots and it is still available. Thanks.

GregGale

One of the Regulars
Anyone wears Dr.Marten's boots? I wasn't a fan before I tried one on, but BOY are they comfortable! It's like walking on a bed of roses, and there are plain brown leather ones too. Not necessary to wear one of the crazy purple/ green ones.

Harris HTM

One Too Many
Anyone wears Dr.Marten's boots? I wasn't a fan before I tried one on, but BOY are they comfortable! It's like walking on a bed of roses, and there are plain brown leather ones too. Not necessary to wear one of the crazy purple/ green ones.
I started wearing dr. Martens in the early 90's. Somewhere around early 00's they moved the production overseas and the quality declined a lot. The current products are vastly inferior. Try Solovair's. They are equal quality as the original dr. Martens - and cheaper.

Bullitt

New in Town
I started wearing dr. Martens in the early 90's.

Wore Doc’s exclusively in the 90’s. You are right, the quality today is abysmal. A few years ago, I bought a pair of Made in England Doc Martens, hoping to get something that would hold up a bit better. Usually they are quite expensive, but I got them in the sale. Still the quality is quite low. Solovair is much better. I believe the parent company NPS produced Doc Martens shoes before the production was moved abroad.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo