Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

For Caramela

Huertecilla

Banned
Some shots from the auto & stuff museum in Malaga which includes a permanent exhibition of vintage ladies' fasion http://www.museoautomovilmalaga.com/tag/sombreros-vintage/

Foto550-6O83GMZD.jpg

Foto550-CZ6ZYQB6.jpg

Foto550-WNVEMYAP.jpg

Foto550-MX8M4JML.jpg

Foto550-3EFLYLER.jpg

Foto550-FBG4WMMH.jpg

One can easily take a thousand photos there so my appologies for the poor representation.

Huertecilla

Banned
The collection envelopes hats, hat boxes, dresses, jewelry etc.

Just like with the cars he has collected radiator sculpures and accessoires like original luggage sets, the picknick and cristal sets. One car is completely Lalique fitted. The leather is ostrich and what we now have plastic is ivory or, in the most obvious places, Lalique cristal.

One of the most amazing pieces is the Bugatti with ornament designed and made by Ettores sculpter brother Rembrandt

rembrandt02.jpg

This collection is simply beyond description.

Several times per year they organise special events in the museum or in the city. Last march they had a hat exhibion on the posh main street.
A few times per year the curator organises a ride to promote the collection and I am on the list of drivers.
Sómetimes they have a nocturnal event with live music playing and a guided tour.
Last time they had a roaring twenties them night and we had dressed the part. Véry entertaining. To top it of the curator took one of the guest fron a spin in the ´James Bond´ Aston Martin DB5 .... though the museum´s exhibiton halls :eusa_clap

CaramelSmoothie

Practically Family
Sounds fantastic! You seem to have a lot going on in your (little?) town. I have to admit that I have never really been into art. I occasionally go to art museums but am not a fan of much of it. But hats, yes more hats please, and general fashion is right up my alley, yessiree!

Huertecilla

Banned
Sounds fantastic! You seem to have a lot going on in your (little?) town.

I live in the mountains, two miles from a small agricultural village, 20 km. fron Antequera.
Have a google at the andalucian map and draw a line from Malaga to Cordoba. Now one from Sevilla to Granada. See where they cross. That is a stone throw distance from where I live.

There is an unbelievable lot going on in the 'region' here.
A big reason is because it is all very localised; people don't as a rule not go 50 kms to see say a unique Tango event.
This means that there is a multitude of cultural activities all over the place and most are for free of near nothing. For a large part of the year it is all open air even.
Just imagine a proper modern fashion show with a toque de flamanco in a mountain village of 3000 inhabitants, at night under the stars, with the pasarela between two rows of palm trees.

As my radius includes Malaga, Granada the year offers more than I have days and I sure am privileged with time to enjoy life.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner