Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

For Sale 1937 Hamilton "Carlisle" Curvex Style Wrist Watch

undertaker

Practically Family
Here is the last of my curvex style watches, and it may be the best. I had planned on keeping it but I was tempted today by a 1940 14K Waltham today and......well you know. Of the last six watches I've sold, four have gone to Loungers so I thought that I would list this here and maybe save the Ebay fees.

This is a 17 jewel Hamilton in a 14k Gold filled case that is marked on the inside: HAMILTON W Co., Lancaster, PA, 14 K Gold Filled, 124633. On the back it is marked 14K Gold Filled S&W. It measures Approx. 44 mm in lenth and is About 21mm wide. The case show little wear for a watch of this age. The crystal is very good. It winds, sets, and runs, very well. The dial has some discolorations between the 3 & 4 and in a few other places (see pictures) and is signed HAMILTON. These dial are sterling silver with 18K gold applied numbers (if memory serves me correctly). It is a very presentable 71 year old watch. It was cleaned, oiled, and serviced, within the last year. This would make a great Christmas gift. Listed in the 2000 Complete Price Guide to Watches for $200.00, on the low end, and $275.00 on the high end. I am asking $165.00 O.B.O. shipped USPS Priority w\insurance in the Cont. U.S. P.M. me with any questions.

hamilton005.jpg

hamilton001-1.jpg

hamilton002.jpg

Regards,
J.S.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran