Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FOR SALE - 1960's Thoroughbred Premium Strat Clone Fedora SZ 7

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
Here's a pretty cool Thoroughbred Strat Clone which I believe to be from the 60's. Its labeled size 7 and fits like a size 7. Overall the hat is in really nice shape. There are two flaws. The first, it has a black dirt spot on the crown (See pictures) which probably has to be removed with a little naptha. I don't have any, so I haven't done it. Two, when I received the hat, it had a very strong smoky smell and since has faded a little, but its still pretty smoky. A couple days in a newspaper bag or a naptha bath will take care of that. Overall its a very nice hat to use for an everyday wearer or to make a workhorse. The sweatband could probably use a light coat of mink oil as well, but I will let the next owner take care of that.

DIMENSIONS:

Brim: 2 5/8 inches wide

Open Crown: 5 1/2 inches tall

Ribbon: 1/4 inch wide (2-ply)

Edge binding: 1/8 inch wide

Front Pinch Height (creased): 4 3/8 inches tall

Rear crease height: 4 1/4 inches tall

Highest Point of Crown (Creased): 4 1/2 inches tall

I'm asking $55 SHIPPED to anywhere in the CONUS

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
Very nice hat deal for someone. I had a similar dark smudge type mark on one of my thin ribbons, and was going to send it off for cleaning, but, I spent several hours over a few days using a clean hat sponge on it, worked it pressing hard at first then as time passed, it was so light I could barely see it. JUST a useful note, this fine hat may not need the bath, but maybe? I wish it was my size, as it is no secret I love thin ribbon hats!

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Seems to be very much a buyers market at the moment Josh, especially for small sizes.

There are a ton of nice 7 & 7 1/8 felt hats for sale right now and I've seen a lot of bargain purchases.

With the hot weather we are having, I'm thinking straw when browsing eBay - not really looking to buy though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grateful Fred