Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

For the love of seersucker.

kymeratale

One of the Regulars
Seersucker

There was some talk a bit back about seersucker, but I can't remember if it was this thread, or where it was exactly. Anyway, I have just over 3 metres of red and white seersucker that I got for a pant pattern. I decided not to use it for that pattern, then decided to use it for different pant pattern. Then I realized I would be left with almost exactly 1 metre and have the problem of how to use that 1 metre - pain in the tuchas. So now I am thinking about making a dress out of it and I want to solicit your opinions. My first impulse is to make a shirt waist dress, but would that look a little too candy stripper in the red and white? What sort of pattern would all of you be inclined to use?

ETA Thanks to whoever found the thread and moved this to it. Yay bartenders!

Last edited:

kymeratale

One of the Regulars
Hee hee, I'm actually mulling over buying this pattern. Just not sure if I want to pay what the seller is asking. Wouldn't have enough for the skirt though, unless I found more fabric that was close enough in the dye. Probably wouldn't be a problem to find actually.

4289simplicitys.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany