Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Forbidden items in my home...

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Leopard is so yesterday. You need a nice zebra print. They go with everything. :p

zebrarug.jpg

Although with that couch, I'd prefer this.
Plus it's shag.
cowrug.jpg

Stray Cat

My Mail is Forwarded Here
"Matching" is so pedestrian, no? I'd go for contrast: leopard print. ;-)
Mixing a leopard and a cow... I'd call Animal Planet and let them film the Hunt that'll go on in your house ('cause, you know: once you fall asleep those thinkg come to life?) :D

Leopard is so yesterday. You need a nice zebra print. They go with everything. :p
Zebra would go along with cow.
And, naturally, you must have green carpet - so they can feel at pasture. :p

That a zebra AFTER a tour bus with a drunken driver came across it. :rofl:

Nobert

Practically Family
Since shag carpeting has come up, I'm going to indulge in a little story:

My mother grew up in a typically 50s ranch house: split-level, open floor plan, and lots of shag carpeting. It's one of my main memories of visiting my grandmother, I'd never seen so much shag in one place. Anyway, my mother, in her youth, once decided to play a trick on her kid brother, who was sitting in the living room, minding his own business like as not, so she lit a firecracker and surreptitiously placed it behind him. It had the desired effect, I guess, but of more immediate concern was that a piece of the wick burned off and scorched a noticeable hole in the rug. My mom was prepared to fess up and take the consequences, but my uncle said, 'Wait a minute,' got some scissors and glue and, by giving the carpet a bit of a haircut in inconspicuous spots, had enough that he was able to glue the fibers into the newly minted hole.

Well, it worked like a charm until the next time my grandmother vacuumed. There was a shlorping noise as the shag transplant disappeared into the Tartarus of the Hoover and the rug lay with its shameful bald spot plain in the sight of God and everybody. And, as my mom said, they would still have gotten away with it, for her mother's first reaction was, "Oh, no! Look at what this vacuum cleaner did to my carpet!" It was only the fact that her brother was laughing his head off while witnessing this that aroused her suspicions.

End of diversion.

Since shag carpeting has come up, I'm going to indulge in a little story:

My mother grew up in a typically 50s ranch house: split-level, open floor plan, and lots of shag carpeting. It's one of my main memories of visiting my grandmother, I'd never seen so much shag in one place. Anyway, my mother, in her youth, once decided to play a trick on her kid brother, who was sitting in the living room, minding his own business like as not, so she lit a firecracker and surreptitiously placed it behind him. It had the desired effect, I guess, but of more immediate concern was that a piece of the wick burned off and scorched a noticeable hole in the rug. My mom was prepared to fess up and take the consequences, but my uncle said, 'Wait a minute,' got some scissors and glue and, by giving the carpet a bit of a haircut in inconspicuous spots, had enough that he was able to glue the fibers into the newly minted hole.

Well, it worked like a charm until the next time my grandmother vacuumed. There was a shlorping noise as the shag transplant disappeared into the Tartarus of the Hoover and the rug lay with its shameful bald spot plain in the sight of God and everybody. And, as my mom said, they would still have gotten away with it, for her mother's first reaction was, "Oh, no! Look at what this vacuum cleaner did to my carpet!" It was only the fact that her brother was laughing his head off while witnessing this that aroused her suspicions.

End of diversion.

I would have been able to keep quiet. :p

Oh and shag carpet is forbidden in my house---nasty.:puke:

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
The Mighty Moo

The cow print reminds me of a funny WWII story. American ships all had nick names, The Enterprises was Big E, Maryland was Fighting Marry, Missouri was Big Mo. My favorite was the aircraft carrier USS Cowpens (CG-63), named after the first battle where the US Cavalry held the ground after a Revolutionary War battle. She was nick named The Mighty Moo!

Stray Cat

My Mail is Forwarded Here
:puke:
Truth to be told - I'm afraid if those... who knows what creatures dwell in those ruffles?!

:pound:
Great story!

Would you like a moose couch?
(psst, James - we can let him have the furry-stuff once we're done with our moose party, rrrright?) :p

Any carpet that you have to rake has something really wrong with it. :p

You mean the frozen moose that we made steaks and kabobs out of? He can have the hide since that is all that is left. :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy