Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Forgotten Moments

Gilbey

One of the Regulars
Upon winning the old photograph album at Ebay, I thought I would have a vintage album to put our collection of old family photos. However to my surprise, I found some old photographs included that were not mentioned in the Ebay ad. A moment in time from people and places I don't know. Who are they, and where are they now? They're probably all dead now. I don't want to throw them away because they are precious moments for these people. Although now they are forgotten moments of the past. I could just imagine myself being in their time, in their world. The latest photograph here is dated April 1960. What was it like in April 1960, I wondered. I wasn't even born at that time (until 4 yrs. later). Kennedy was still alive and we haven't even gone to the moon, and the Beatles were still practicing in Liverpool. These old photos kept me thinking about their moments in time frozen in a picture. How innocent were the days of old, not too long ago. Or have we gone a long way, baby. We now have planes flying into buildings. I bet those people would never have imagined it. How innocent were the days back then as you see them frozen in time. I will keep them until somebody claims them. This is the only forum I could expose them to since this is the only place where sentimental journeys' home.

moments1az6.jpg

moments2gf6.jpg

Gilbey

One of the Regulars
Time is fleeting, and so are the memories and moments that comes with it. It is sad for me to see them gone and forgotten. So if you have any old photographs of people and their moments you don't know, let's not throw them away. Instead let's memorialize them, and feel free to post them on this thread and share your thoughts on them. After all, this is what this forum is all about. That's why I love this place. :)

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
These are so sad, because they trigger similar memories...

The family picnics with the flasks and sandwiches and the old folding chairs..ahhh:) Brings back such happy memories of my own childhood with my Uncle James and Auntie May.

Funny, the strength of photographs in triggering long forgotten memories. They also get you to reflect momentarily on the people in them and those loved ones who are no longer with us, except in our hearts :(

Thankyou so much for sharing those. If anyone else has similar things to share, this is as good a place as any. I remember Lauren shared photos from the 30's that she picked up in a Thrift/Charity shop.

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Thanks Gilbey, there's something wonderful about old family snaps from those days.

Also reminds me that I have to get some copies of the old albums from back home. They made me strangely homesick...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24