Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Forrest Guth passes E Co.

rmrdaddy

One Too Many
A shame. He was a great man who served in a great unit. These men changed the course of history and embodied the spirit of America.
RIP Trooper Guth

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
Makes me sad.
I had the privilige to talk with Forrest Guth and his wife in Normandy some years ago. You have to look hard to find a kinder couple. They invited me to join their coffe, and Mrs. Guth even fetched me a cup and a cake.
Forrest Guth was more interested in hearing about the danish educational system and what my son was studying than talking about 101 AB and D-day. We talked for about an hour and then they had to leave.
I still remember them walkin hand in hand on the road to St. Mere Eglise. This amazing and sweet old couple. Going for their afternoon nap.
RIP Forrest Guth.

Teekay44

One of the Regulars
I had talked to him at a reenactment some years ago. We found out we went to the same Collage. We talked about the School for a long time. He took a picture of us. Great guy.

May God bless you and Keep you.

bbc1969

Familiar Face
RIP, another Great American gone.

I will note that I believe that he was one of the interviews featured in "We Stand Alone Together" which was the documentary featured with the HBO Series. If I recall correctly he was also featured in the series as one of the present day members of E Co. they interviewed to set up the episodes.

MrBern

I'll Lock Up
RIP Mr Guth

Sharpsburg said:
Forrest Guth, one of the men of Easy Company, who never made it on the screen, passed today. Mcuh more info on the Dick Winters page www.majordickwinters.com.

Rest In Peace, Forrest.

Mary S.

He wasnt depicted in Band of Brothers, but he does appear in one of those opening sequences where you see the actual veterans commenting on their experiences.

I always seemed to miss him at various events and wanted to ask him about some of his collection. I love the DeTrez book on his experiences. The the real shortcoming of Band of Brothers was not using ForestGuth as a character. He did a lot. I believe they folded some of his experiences into that of other characters, to speed along the storytelling. Such as the mission to cross the river & secure german prisoners for interrogation. Webster wasnt the translator on that mission. Webster really stayed on the riverbank manning the Machinegun. Guth went on that mission.
And of course, so many of those photographs documenting Normandy were taken with Guth's camera.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR