Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Forum Upgrade -- POST ANY ISSUES HERE

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
See? That's Microsoft for you! [huh]

I know... it stinks *yucky*

one possible thing to try......if you are using IE 8...

up in the address bar..just to the right of the end of the address is a little icon that looks like a torn sheet of paper....Compatability view...

It worked! it's not where Nathan said it would but now it doesn't block my buttons! Thanks for the tip!

Capture1.jpg

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
WOW!!!

I just noticed that there are now over one hundred smilies!

Well done, Nathan! :eusa_clap​

Black Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
Hey there,
I'm just wondering why 'visitor messages' do not work? I have it enabled to work in my settings, however it doesn't show up as an option for people to post one. I have noticed on other peoples profiles that this option does work though. Any ideas?
X
BD

Engrishman

Familiar Face
I'm not sure if this is a legitimate troubleshooting issue or a side-effect of my being an only-recently inducted member to these forums, but I can't seem to upload an avatar larger than 100 X 100 pixels, when the forum FAQ specifies I can go as large as 150X150.

Any thoughts?

How do I add an avatar?
Avatars are not to be larger than 150 X 150 pixels.

Additionally, why does the MONOCLES link at this page (http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?43823-Start-Here-Links-to-Important-Threads) link to a thread entitled Mineral Make-UP? Several of those links are dead or point to unrelated topics.

Last edited:

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
I'm not sure if this is a legitimate troubleshooting issue or a side-effect of my being an only-recently inducted member to these forums, but I can't seem to upload an avatar larger than 100 X 100 pixels, when the forum FAQ specifies I can go as large as 150X150.

Any thoughts?

Additionally, why does the MONOCLES link at this page (http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?43823-Start-Here-Links-to-Important-Threads) link to a thread entitled Mineral Make-UP? Several of those links are dead or point to unrelated topics.

All the links were broken in a recent upgrade, I'm afraid. A search (use Advanced option) is best.
I can't answer your avatar question, unless you are exceeding the max kb size?

Engrishman

Familiar Face
All the links were broken in a recent upgrade, I'm afraid. A search (use Advanced option) is best.
I can't answer your avatar question, unless you are exceeding the max kb size?

If I attempt to upload an avatar with a size of 150 X 150 (even under the max filesize), it automatically resizes the avatar to 100 X 100. Let me have another stab at it, I'll keep you posted.

EDIT: I just attempted the upload again, and it seems to be working now. Strange. Oh well, beggars can't be choosers, haha. Thanks for the help.

Last edited:

fluteplayer07

One Too Many
Can we please be allowed to edit our posts again? The function disappears after a day or two, and is causing a lot of extra posts to correct or change things. Not to mention a lot of annoyance.

Thanks!

RadioWave

One of the Regulars
Is there any chance of the FL adopting the option to "like" or "upvote" user posts in the future? It has the potential to cut down on a lot of extra response posts that consist simply of "I agree with you", "good point", or "lol". I realize the FL programmers are busy as-is, and are already doing a wonderful job. I was just curious. Also, my apologies if someone has already suggested this.

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
The store still exists-- I'll get it up very soon.

So, ummm.... is the Fedora Lounge Store still planned to make a comeback?[huh]

I found the post that Unlucky Berman made about finding some of the items available at makeupmag.com and followed the link. Sure enough, there were a few items available (pint glasses, matchbooks, coffee mug) but the shipping prices are a tad high. The Fed-Ex option ran from $21.03 to $91.01. USPS Parcel Post was $25.75! :eeek: Priority Mail about double that, and Express Mail came in at $103.10. I'd be willing to guess they haven't sold many Fedora Lounge items based on those rates.:eusa_doh:

I don't recall the shipping from The Fedora Lounge Store being that high.

Regards,
Tom

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
The FL pages are now displaying the Chowhound favicon on my machine. Weird. Anybody else getting this?
images

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
So, ummm.... is the Fedora Lounge Store still planned to make a comeback?[huh]

I found the post that Unlucky Berman made about finding some of the items available at makeupmag.com and followed the link. Sure enough, there were a few items available (pint glasses, matchbooks, coffee mug) but the shipping prices are a tad high. The Fed-Ex option ran from $21.03 to $91.01. USPS Parcel Post was $25.75! :eeek: Priority Mail about double that, and Express Mail came in at $103.10. I'd be willing to guess they haven't sold many Fedora Lounge items based on those rates.:eusa_doh:

I don't recall the shipping from The Fedora Lounge Store being that high.

Regards,
Tom
Speaking of the store I wanted to know it there is any chance to have lapel pins that are shown here on this site, but do not show up on the store pages? Thanks for whom ever may answer this question, I would just love to have a lapel pin.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran