Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Found some nice custom made horsehide belts to match your Aero jackets

westinghouse

One of the Regulars
GriffDeLaGriff said:
I wonder if the 1.75 width will be hard to get through normal jeans loops.
My current belt is 1.75 and 3/16 thick.

Do you have any wiggle room? The owner usually recommends 1.5" as he has some Wrangler jeans that won't take a 1.75" belt.

andy richards

Practically Family
That is a great site! Thanks for shearing. I will place an order with them. For wearing a jeans I would say the 1.5" belt will be ok. I have some 1.75" belts but they are more like duty belts.
Andy

JakeHolman

One of the Regulars
1.75 wont fit through my Lee's but seems to squeeze through on some LVC Levi's.

Great looking belts, btw. Another excuse to spend some money :rolleyes:

GriffDeLaGriff

One Too Many
JakeHolman said:
Another excuse to spend some money :rolleyes:

just my thought lol

I dont really need another belt. I am using a Levis really wellmade belt
for about 20 years and its still going strong.
But I have always wanted a gunbelt. :rolleyes:

I think the 1.5" is too narrow tho. But I guess thats the maximum it can be with the thickness.

GriffDeLaGriff

One Too Many
Order placed.

I was torn between natural leather and brown, but went with brown.
The natural gets the best worn-in look but is imo ugly as hell for the first year.

Brown horsehide 1.5" with 7-3/4" apart holes. Square brass buckle.
Deluxe horsehide keychain with medallion. Nickel hardware.

Cant wait :D

KK

New in Town
I buy 1.25" (for Dockers) and 1.5" (for jeans) belts. It's hard enough finding great holsters without needing them to fit 1.75" belts.

jon z

One of the Regulars
Ranger Belts

I like the complexity of this style of belt. Not horsehide but nice looking quality. I have worn Ranger belts for some years now. I have one in brown & one in black, both bought from UK high st fashion stores. The black one has seen better days (it gets worn more) & really needs replacing so was considering ordering from here http://www.leathergoodsconnection.com/rangerbelts.html
Anyone have any experience of these belts?

Chainsaw

Suspended
:eusa_clap Wow, I'm going to have to buy a belt from one of these guys. Department store belts cost 25-50, and I only get a couple years out of them. The Pakistani or east Indian ones go for about ten bucks, but they only last 6-12 months! I guess I might as well invest in something decent.

57plymouth

One of the Regulars
Crossbreed makes belts that are nearly identical for less money. I have a 1.5" and it is rather tight through jeans. You have to consider that these belts are primarily designed for carrying a full sized semi-auto handgun. That's a lot of weight, and most belts will roll under. The double thickness belts cure that but they are like wearing two belts. If you order a 1.75" belt you will have a hard time feeding it through anything but modern tactical style pants.

If you want to carry a gun, get the 1.5" horsehide. If you carry a particularly heavy gun such as a 1911 or a long barrel .357 or .44 mag, get the stiffener. If you carry outside the waistband, get the stiffener regardless of gun.

Be aware that these are very stiff belts that take a long time to break in. I wear mine every day, and it is just as stiff as the day I bought it, which was 8 months ago. When I take it off, it returns to the shape it was made in, which is contoured. That is to say that if I hang it up by the buckle, it will return to a curve trying to return to an oval shape.

GriffDeLaGriff

One Too Many
I changed my order to natural color.

I figure Im gonna have this belt for a while and Id like it to get a personal patina :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner