Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Frank Miller's Ronin

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
So, with the uber success of 300 and the upcoming Watchmen & The Spirit, when will Frank Miller's Ronin hit the big screen? There was some talk of it last year but nothing much since. I've Googled around and only found talk about it back in February of 2007. Anybody else here have some other insight?

This was the story.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ronin_%28DC_Comics%29
I
n 1998 Darren Aronofsky inked a deal with New Line Cinema for a film adaptation of the graphic novel. [1] In 2007 Gianni Nunnari, producer of 300, announced he would be producing and Sylvain White, director of Stomp The Yard, directing the Ronin film adaptation.

It was a great read & I had to break out my first print again to read it through for fun.
ronin-761939.jpg

I just wonder if they'll do it in the style of 300 or Sin City. I'm hoping more like 300 & Watchmen but a little less glossy in parts. In any case I always thought this would make a great film with all of the imagery between Feudal Japan an the decay of the 21st century New York along side the new technology. If Frank Miller keeps his pen in it, it should turn out pretty good.
Ken Watanabe as the Ronin I think would be a good choice.
What say you folks??

Cheers!

Dan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran