Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FREE Men's Cufflinks

Vintage Betty

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Up for grabs, free men's cufflinks. No resellers please. I am giving these away to Loungers for your own use.

cufflinks.JPG

Please specify if you would like:
1) Oval Set
2) Twisted Sterling Set with 2 studs
3) Single Rose Gold Stud

One choice per person.

Must not have "won" anything from me previously, and if someone in your household is currently in the Ladies Globe Trotting Hat Contest, please do not request these. I like to spread goodies around. Preference absolutely given to persons starting their vintage collections who have no cufflinks unless you post a sob story, in which case you might find out that I'm a softie.

Please post to the list, as my mailbox is just about full with Ladies and the Globe Trotting Hat correspondence.

Cheers -

Vintage Betty

FedoraGent

One Too Many
I'll take them...

Betty,

I'll take the cuff links gladly! Please PM me with details.

FG.

Vintage Betty said:
Up for grabs, free men's cufflinks. No resellers please. I am giving these away to Loungers for your own use.

cufflinks.JPG

Please specify if you would like:
1) Oval Set
2) Twisted Sterling Set with 2 studs
3) Single Rose Gold Stud

One choice per person.

Must not have "won" anything from me previously, and if someone in your household is currently in the Ladies Globe Trotting Hat Contest, please do not request these. I like to spread goodies around. Preference absolutely given to persons starting their vintage collections who have no cufflinks unless you post a sob story, in which case you might find out that I'm a softie.

Please post to the list, as my mailbox is just about full with Ladies and the Globe Trotting Hat correspondence.

Cheers -

Vintage Betty

Kishtu

Practically Family
Oh Vintage Betty! How beautiful!

May I put in a word for the oval set? I just missed out on the globe-trotting hat (demmit!) and am now hopping frantically for the next round of the pattern swap - always the bridesmaid never the bride, that's me!

I could give you a sob story as well - well okay a background story, which is that they would top off the suit I'm making for Him Indoors (vintage pattern) rather handsomely and he loves cuff links but hasn't got any vintage ones.

Ah well! I can live in hope!

Bertie Wooster

New in Town
I would like to make cuff links - and I have done with blanks from the local bead shop - but I think to make any really sophisticated ones I think I will need to get a soldering iron, an enamelling kiln and a couple of other bits of kit.

Will post photos of the ones I have made up soon.

The vintage ones here displayed look splendid - personally cannot see the point of ones shaped like bath taps and all the other odd designs in the shops today!

Kishtu

Practically Family
Erm, just in the interests of fairosity, I might add that Bertie is not putting in a request for any cufflinks, as he is in fact my Him Indoors and the intended recipient if we are lucky enough to get a pair! ;)

Vintage Betty

Bump - this offer expires Sunday, September 9

I'm going to close this thread Sunday, September 9. I want to give people a chance to find this offer.

Vintage betty

wedding belle

Familiar Face
Oooh Yes Please!

However, I am new to this list so therefore feel that I should be considered last!

The back story.... we are getting married in 6 weeks and hubby to be would love to wear a pair of cuflinks. We are both attempting a vintagey look (no entirely due to lack of availability here - with 6 weeks to go neither of us have found anything that will fit or is right!). It's been quite depressing :( So I should declare now that they would be unlikely to be paired with a truly vintage suit for said wedding, but they would add an element of style!

Best wishes

Vintage Betty

Wedding Belle -

Did you post a want ad in the classifieds for what you are looking for and your sizes? There are many dealers and collectors on this forum and they might have the exact item you are looking for.

What do each of you hope to be wearing for your wedding?

Which cufflinks do you have your eye on?

You might need to pump up your posts to 15 posts before you can list in the classifieds. This is easily accomplished by checking out the Powder Room and commenting in the Show us your Purchases or Show us what you made thread.

Vintage Betty

wedding belle

Familiar Face
Thank you Vintage Betty

I haven't put anything in classifieds as yet. To be honest I only found this forum yesterday in a mad search for hair ideas! We have trwled the vintage shops in London and had no luck, and to be honest have run out of time, so are going for "in the style of" which we have had more luck with locally. Our band pulled out on Sunday, we are catering it ourselves (only 130 guests) so that should be a laugh and are both working full time - I'm going quietly mad :)

In terms of cufflinks I think Degs would be delighted with any of the pairs! I will look atthe classifieds, we might not be able to get it sorted for the wedding, so have decided to have a vintage christmas insted!

Thank you again for your advice and help, it really is greatly appreciated!

dashiell

One of the Regulars
Vintage Betty said:
Mr. Orgetorix and Mr. Dashiell -

Do you own any vintage cufflinks or collar studs already?

Vintage Betty

No, I've no vintage cufflinks or collar studs yet. But, if they're the ones wanted for the wedding, I certainly and gladly stand down!

If it makes any further difference to your selection, I'm Ms. Dashiell ...

Vintage Betty

Fletch I think you are mistaken

The cufflinks for a wedding should look like full shackles! And the bride should throw away the key. :D

Vintage Betty

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jessmiller97