Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Free Vintage Commercials & More

Shangas

I'll Lock Up
It's lots of fun hearing old radio advertisments. In my collection of shows, I've heard advertisments for...

Blue Coal ("the finest anthracite, mined from the hills of Pennsylvania") (The Shadow).

Wrigley's Spearmint Chewing Gum (Life with Luigi).

Camel Cigarettes (Richard Diamond, Private Detective; Jack Benny Show; Abbott & Costello Show).

Fatima, Chesterfield cigarettes (Dragnet).

Rinso dishwashing soap, Rexall drug-products (Amos & Andy)

Clippercraft Suits, Petri Wine, Groves Bromo Quinine cold tablets, Kreml ("That's K-E-R, M-L, Kreml!") hair-products (The New Adventures of Sherlock Holmes).

Jello, Grape-Nuts Flakes, Camel Cigarettes, Lucky Strike Cigarettes (The Jack Benny Show).

Waterman Pen Company (Gang Busters).

Lux Toilet Soap (Lux Radio Theater).

Prince Albert Pipe-Tobacco (The New Adventures of Sherlock Holmes).

Cambell's Soup (The Cambell Playhouse, The Mercury Theater on the Air).

In one radio episode, I heard the tail-end of an advertisment for Longines watches.

It's interesting hearing how things were advertised back then, and how the advertisments changed over time. Especially interesting, are the advertisments for cigarettes and how advertising agencies tried to make them appealing...

"During the war [WWII], we had to smoke whatever we could get, but that's only made people today appreciate Camel Cigarettes all the more! Try them today on your T-zone, that's T for taste, and T for throat!" - The Abbott & Costello Show.

"Say, now that the poultry shortage is over, and we can buy chicken again, why don't you do yourself a favour, and serve that chicken with a wonderful Petri wine?" - New Adventures of Sherlock Holmes.

"[How mild, how mild, how mild can a cigarette be? Take the Camels Thirty Day Test, and you'll see!] You can't tell from just one puff, one smoke, no sir. It takes constant, day-in, day-out smoking, to really spot the difference with Camels, extra smooth, extra mild cigarettes!..." - Richard Diamond, Private Detective.

Bruce Wayne

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Shangas said:
"[How mild, how mild, how mild can a cigarette be? Take the Camels Thirty Day Test, and you'll see!] You can't tell from just one puff, one smoke, no sir. It takes constant, day-in, day-out smoking, to really spot the difference with Camels, extra smooth, extra mild cigarettes!..." - Richard Diamond, Private Detective.

good luck getting away with that advertisement in todays world.

CharlieWagner

New in Town
One of my favorite ad pitches

I always liked Ballantine Beer ads when I listen to old baseball games.

"Ballantine Beer. The beer to have when you are going to have more than one beer."

A little incongruent with, "please drink responsibly."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn