Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FREE Vintage Men's Fish Tie Tack

Who wrote the best tall tale?

• The Wolf

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • dostacos

• happyfilmluvguy

• BJBAmerica

• MrNewportCustom

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Vintage Betty

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Up for grabs, one Vintage FREE Men's Fish Tie Tack, named for a fish of your choice, sushi names optional. No resellers please. I am giving these away to Loungers for your own use from my personal collection.

fish_tack.JPG

Anyone can enter to win this fish, and here's how:

This is a Fish Tie Tack, and fishermen are known to stretch the truth when it comes to their catch of the day. In order to win this Fish Tie Tack you need to post the biggest whopper of a tale you can come up with, set in the 1920-1950 time period.

You must post your whopper of a tale by September 16.

After that date, I will post a poll and Loungers will vote on their favorite whopper of a tale. The poll will close September 23.

Good luck!

Vintage Betty
Lover of sushi.

carter

I'll Lock Up
Vintage Betty,

I'm interested in the contest but it takes a long time to write a REALLY BIG Whopper. ;)

The bait is posted now just wait for a bite. :D

Vintage Betty

Thank you Mr. Carter!

I appreciate your efforts and hope we have other "fishermen" out there reading this thread. Just look what's in store!

contest_box.jpg

Vintage Betty

The Wolf

Call Me a Cab
I was fishing off a pier in Los Angeles when I felt a tug at my line. It was fighting and I had to call my buddy to help. We kept pulling and had to hold onto the pier so we wouldn't be pulled in. At last it started to surface. I'll be darned if it wasn't a Japanese sub. My buddy and put our hands in our jacket when the hatch opened. "Stick 'em up," we said "You're under arrest." Upon seeing us the sailors raised their hands and surrendered. Apparently they had seen enough American gangster movies to think we meant business.
We hauled in 15 Axis sailors that day.
And that is how my buddy and I were given an award for Valor from FDR himself.

Fibbingly,
The Wolf

dostacos

Practically Family
My dad took me deep sea fishing on an all day boat. So we departed at something like 3 in the morning. my bunk is in the bow [lots of up and down with rolling to add to the fun] they have the heater on and the air is thick enough to cut with a knife.

So starting to turn extremely green I get up and head up to the deck, cold fresh air and the best greasy cheeseburger I ever at [and that was breakfast:eek: ]

So we arrive at the Captains favorite fishing grounds and stops the boat.

We are all catching fish, even me nice size too. then my dad hooks a real fighter and the rest of us end up without a nibble for the next 30 minutes.

In deep sea fishing when you finally see the fish you yell "color" and a deck hand grabs a gaff and leans over and snags the fish and flips him on board.

well my dad yells color, a deck hand leans over to gaff the fish, and yells SHARK! Now when someone yells shark, the first deck hand to the bridge gets the M1 and gets to shoot the shark.

chaos breaks out, all I see is elbows and feet going in every direction.

Well one of the hands gets to the rail just as the captain manages to FALL overboard.

I swear the captain took 3 steps ON the water and was back over the rail, pants only wet to the knees.

true story

happyfilmluvguy

Call Me a Cab
It was the summer of 1923, and I had just been working the fields with my folks and wanted to wind down. What better way than to go fishing. So I grabbed by pole and off I went. When I arrived, I realized I had forgotten my bait. I just had to settle with the hook and hope for the best. In went the line and I just sat and waited. After about an hour, I was just about to doze off, when my line hooked onto something! I was frantic and tried to reel it in but it was fiesty. Finally I had control over it and pulled as hard as I could. Suddenly a cork flew out of the water, and the water started to sink down. I had been in the water took long, I looked like my grandpa, and my bath was over.

dostacos

Practically Family
in my youth I worked on a working ranch for guests [ah... DUDE ranch:eek: ] my job was with the horses, but one day the owners had a fly fisherman arrive to give the guests a lesson on fly fishing. Since some of the guests rode to the stream I got to watch too.

He gave his lesson and every time he cast the fly he said, "now if I do this correctly I will hook a fish 9 times out of 10" and did just that. He did do a catch and release, showed how to in MID cast change directions 180 degrees cast at the new spot where a trout broached and CAUGHT the fish.

We all had been going there for weeks on our off time and NEVER got so much as a nibble. we caught lots of salamanders but that is a story for another time.

and I cannot wait until you ask for hunting stories I got a million of 'em

BJBAmerica

A-List Customer
I grew up in Bugtussle, a poor, rural section of the country. I lived as a mountaineer, barely kept my family fed. Well, one day, I was huntin' for some food, took aim with my rifle, fired a shot, and all of a sudden, up from the ground came a bubblin' crude.....oil that is, black gold, Texas tea.

Well, the first thing you know, the oil made me a millionare. My kin folks said, "Barry, move away from here!". Said, "Californey is the place I out to be", so I loaded up my truck and hit the road for Beverly....Hills that is, swimming pools, movie stars.

I would like to thank you, Vintage Betty, for kindly listenin' in. I hope that I'm invited back to your next Fedora Lounge contest, where I can set a spell, take ma shoes off........See ya then!

happyfilmluvguy

Call Me a Cab
"Vintage......! I love vintage.....! Suit and ties, spectacles for my eyes! To find a suit dated 1935, a '43 chevy when I drive, to go in debt after meeting a vet, oh I love vintage!"

Vintage Betty

Bump - One more day left to win this exciting prize!

Loungers, Loungers, wearers of vintage frock(s)

Do you have writer's block?

A simple tale in disguise

Is all that is needed to win this fabulous prize.

Vintage Betty

dostacos

Practically Family
went hiking in Big Sur with 2 co-workers, our boss and his two young sons.

I managed to catch a trout, probably should have thrown it back but they all wanted to cook it, next thing I know the pan has nothing but some bones in it, never even got a taste......

MrNewportCustom

Call Me a Cab
A Small Whopper of a Fish Tail.

While sailing on the deep blue sea
What happened there, you won't believe.
The year was forty, and a seven
And on the sea, to me, is heaven.
The sun was warm, the breeze was cool
And off the bow, a dolphin school.
I cast my line with weight and float
From m'hog'ny stern of Chris Craft boat.
I set the line, then sat to wait
Just to recall I'd failed to bait.
So reel the line and bait the hook
Then cast again without a look.
One tuna, two, then three and four
And marlins, five, to settle score.
Some were prize, while others small
Not one I didn't keep at all.
But there was one, I tell you, true,
That splashed again into the blue.
I didn't hook this one, by heck
It simply splashed upon the deck.
T'was neither big, nor was it small
And wasn't finned, at least not all.
One half was flesh, the other fish
To show you truth, I only wish.
Escaping while to stay, I bade
She was the fabled blonde mermaid.

Lee

And the biggest whopper of all: I'm not a fisherman.

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
Good one, Lee! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

No fish story here, but a photograph taken the first time I went fishing on the Rogue with my godson, his father, and his older brother. James, my godson, caught by far the largest salmon--I'm helping him hold it up in the photo. His older brother caught two salmon, but still couldn't help being envious of that big fish! (It was James' first time on the Rogue as well.) This was in Oct 03. In just a few short weeks we'll be doing it again!

ChuckTomWillandJameswithsalmon.jpg

Cheers,
Tom

PS This time I'll be wearing my Akubra Jackaroo instead of my Lion King baseball cap. That cap has a lot of miles on it, though, from being worn on a dive trip to Palau to Europe to air bases in Southwest Asia.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
islamicjankari