Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Freewheelers Journeyman (Deer)

yakima

One of the Regulars
I really like this style - a longer jacket, but the body just shorter than the sleeves, and a front dip - my favourite is the Brakeman.

I really wish Aero would try something like this - I think Ken & Denny could do a great job on it.

9sxGM7.jpg

navetsea

I'll Lock Up

Dr H

Call Me a Cab
That would be great! Have you received yours? Also a size 38? My tag says "Limited Edition 15 of 15" I wonder number yours is.

My photos are pretty bad, so you'll have to do better on that front :) The color in person is warmer. Here's another one from the Old Goat Instagram, less broken in than the one in the first Old Goat photo:

14350359_306041813102077_997939311_n.jpg

My size 42 Journeyman is number 5 of 15.

Dr H

Call Me a Cab
More mature guys usually don't go for this kind of jacket. I would say 50 somethings, 60 somethings or plus (aside from bikers) are more into military styles like the A2. That is what I see more around here for example.

In my case the reverse is true: I’m in my early 50s and sold a number of flight jackets (A-2, AN-J-3, etc.) to fund my Journeyman as a versatile work coat.

sweetfights

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Makes sense, since they are almost exactly the same pattern, but the journeyman has pocket flaps (and deer for the regular version). There was one review (in Japanese) that said that the Shinki Journeyman is a bit slimmer than the Brakeman.

I can easily justify also getting a Canuck and/or Dust Bowl though :)

- Canuck is shorter. I would get it a custom length to make sure it was short enougth to easly access my jeans pockets, like Himel's fit model below and the dust bowl below. Theys guys can easily access their pants pockets.
- Canuck is the more traditional work coat pattern with the flat seams on the front and back. I love that look. (And oh, the horror, that type of seem is not nearly as strong as the folded & top-stitched one!)
- I can get the Canuck in a lighter weight lining.

Really very different coats :)

I think the dust bowl looks awesome as well, but with a knit collar twist. Looks awesome on the FW guys, but not as awesome on some other shop photos I've seen.

11148341_10153657808450867_6601928739847725955_n.jpg
View attachment 58925 View attachment 58926 View attachment 58927

Agree--for me I'm just less sure some of those will look good on me, and feel like I have to try them on first. I can visualize the simpler designs in my head more easily, and there are ample fit pics.

This leather in this color- drool worthy. What a shade of brown!!!

sweetfights

My Mail is Forwarded Here
It's awesome, Singer! Truly awesome. I've always really loved Freewheelers designs. Haven't seen a jacket of theirs I wouldn't want to own. I'd probably have their entire range if the money allowed it. Starting with this.
PRT_0965_20130322.jpg

What is this jacket called??? Stunning.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24