Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacket Question

Blitz190

New in Town
I can understand that. For me it isn’t really about inaccuracies on the history bunker it’s more I don’t like the way it looks, and if was casually wearing that it would bother me. When they were making them during the war they got a lot of the details just perfect for whatever reason and that makes the jackets look really good in my opinion
Ah, that's fair. Price wise it'd definitely be a bit lower than getting a custom one from Magnoli. But with Magnoli I'd be able to get a custom lining to really hammer home the vintage look.

abbaralph

One of the Regulars
Ah, that's fair. Price wise it'd definitely be a bit lower than getting a custom one from Magnoli. But with Magnoli I'd be able to get a custom lining to really hammer home the vintage look.

Would love to see how it turns out for you however I think you’ll get just as good with five star leather as magnoli and both are made in Pakistan or India. Five star can do the correct vintage wool lining that the jackets were made with

Blitz190

New in Town
Would love to see how it turns out for you however I think you’ll get just as good with five star leather as magnoli and both are made in Pakistan or India. Five star can do the correct vintage wool lining that the jackets were made with
I'm mainly thinking a plaid or pinstripe lining, rather than the heavier wool lining.

abbaralph

One of the Regulars
Here’s the new five star jacket compared to the original. I haven’t sewn buttoned on it yet, just got it

Attachments

• IMG_5862.jpeg
    4.1 MB · Views: 13
  • IMG_5861.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 12
  • IMG_5860.jpeg
    4.4 MB · Views: 11

Blitz190

New in Town
Here’s the new five star jacket compared to the original. I haven’t sewn buttoned on it yet, just got it
How's the leather quality with that? I'm currently leaning towards History Bunker since price wise it'd be much more affordable than a custom jacket from Magnoli. Granted I'd imagine shipping is going to bump the price up but still. Would still be cheaper to get both styles compared to the one custom jacket.

abbaralph

One of the Regulars
I think the leather quality is great. It was a special tanned goatskin just for the purpose of matching the jacket. I am not a leather expert although I have owned many leather jackets over the years. I am very impressed with how this turned out. And they do have a variety of brown goatskin, horsehide and cowhide and buffalo hide to choose from at five star

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo