Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: Aero Highwayman, brown FQHH brown leather, 42

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
For Sale: Aero Highwayman jacket in brown FQHH leather, size 42

This was my first Aero horsehide jacket. I'm 5'10" 170lbs, with an athletic build, and this one fits like a glove on me, only a little tight in the shoulders if I'm wearing a few layers. I've been working out for the last couple years and apparently bulked up a half size to a 43" chest, and a 36" waist. Using the adjustable waist tabs, I estimate it would probably fit someone 5'10", with a 40-42" chest, and anywhere from a 34" to 40" waist.

There's nothing at all wrong with it, other than that I'm apparently closer to a 44" and have found another Aero jacket that fits me better, so I'm letting this one go.

Price: $600, including shipping with signature delivery to continental US. May ship worldwide at actual cost if desired.

To be honest, I love this jacket and if I don't get what I'm asking, I'll be content keeping it and just wearing it in windbreaker weather in the spring and fall. So please, no lowball offers. You know what a genuine Aero costs new, and this offer is a fair price with fair terms.

Terms: I will accept a pay pal transfer for payment. If you're not satisfied, you can return it to me in same condition for a full refund, less actual cost of shipping.

Post any questions and offers in the comments below. Finalizing the sale, including payment and shipping details, will happen via private message.
Features:

• Two outside handwarmer pockets.
  • Breast pocket is omitted.
  • Two inside pockets, zippered.
  • All pockets lined with natural white cotton drill.
  • Inside lining is a red/grey plaid 100% Lochcarron wool.
  • Knitted storm cuffs.
  • Adjustable waist cinches, with buckles.

Condition:

• Zippers, buckles all work perfectly.
  • All stitching is intact.
  • Leather is front quarter horsehide, medium-heavy weight, and still pretty stiff, and shiny, will just about stand up on its own -- no holes, no pulled stitching, some minor scuffs. Sleeves are just breaking in with some nice creases developing. The color is a dark, rich brown, as shown in the photos. Where patina is starting to develop, the color is a bit reddish, which doesn't really show up in the photos.
  • Lining, cuffs show now holes, rips, or stains.

Plenty of life left in this jacket, it's just starting to get good.

Measurements:

Note: Please IGNORE the measurements posted in the photos, they are not accurate. Use these measurements instead:
  • Collar seam to bottom edge: 23.5"
  • shoulder yoke seam to seam outside: 19"
  • Underarm seam to seam outside: 21"
  • shoulder seam to cuff outside: 24"

Photos:

Front:

Label:

Inside pocket (wearer's right):

Inside pocket (wearer's left):

Back:

Zipped:

Lining label:

Plumbline

One Too Many
Hey guppy ... There looks to be something messed up in your pit-pit measurement as a 21" chest measurement puts this jacket as a 38" at best ?

On a std 42" highwayman the pit-pit is about 24" ( I just measured mine )

All other measurements are there or there abouts ( shoulder -shoulder is 19" for example )

REALLY nice jacket though :)

Cheers

Robb

Last edited:

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
Thanks, Plumbline. Maybe I'm not taking the measurement correctly... I just re-measured, and it's somewhere between 21-22". This time I laid it down flat, and smoothed out the wrinkles, and measured from the points where the front and rear panels join the sleeve, at the underarm area. Here's a photo just to resolve any ambiguity:

The chest measurement:

Size label: 42

Me wearing it over a sweater:

(It will zip up, I just didn't happen to have it zipped for the last pic. It's just a bit tight in the shoulder with the sweater on. I've been a 42R for most of my adult life, but apparently the swimming has added about 1" to my chest and upper arms.)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran