Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: Akubra Bushman Size 59 Moonstone NIB

Landman

One Too Many
Sorry but I prefer not to ship out of the USA. I had a hat get held up in customs before and the whole transaction turned into a nightmare. Thanks.

Landman

One Too Many
Harv,

Normally I can wear an Akubra 59. At least in a Campdraft I can. For some reason this one is smaller. Might be the block they use for it. I would describe it as a large 58 compared to my 59 Campdrafts. I hope that helps.

Fed in a Fedora

Practically Family
I am a bit confused. This is marked 59, but is tighter than a 59? Would this then be a 58?

Have you contacted DM about this?

Don't get me wrong, I wear 58 and would not mind a great deal, but I would think that this is a defect and should be made right by the seller.

Fed

Last edited:

Landman

One Too Many
Yes, it fits tighter than my other 59's. I'm sure David Morgan would have exchanged it but I just never got around to calling them about it. It has been sitting in the box since last year and is just like it was when it came from them.

Fed in a Fedora

Practically Family
Mike,

Is it possible to learn what size the hat actually is so people can know whether it will actually fit them? I think one bit of information this will move you from offering to selling.

Fed

Landman

One Too Many
Mike,

Is it possible to learn what size the hat actually is so people can know whether it will actually fit them? I think one bit of information this will move you from offering to selling.

Fed

The hat has a size 59 tag in it. I just wanted any potential buyers to know that it fits slightly tighter than my other Akubra's in size 59. I would not call it a 58 because it is not that tight. I have no way to accurately measure the size so that is all I can tell you.

Landman

One Too Many
Fed,

You are not a pain. I understand you wanting to know the exact size. All I can do is describe it the best I can. If the hat wasn't close to my size I couldn't have given this description and would have had to just list it as a 59. Since it is close to my size I can tell by putting it on it is a little tighter than other 59's I've owned. It would be a good hat for someone who is in between a 58 and 59. I'm in between a 59 and 60 so I know how hard it is to find a good fit. Sometimes as little as 1/8 of an inch makes all the difference. If it helps any, my head measurement I use for custom hats is 23 3/8" long oval.

Thanks for looking.

Landman

One Too Many
I decided to compare the sizing information of Akubra hats on David Morgan's USA site and the HatsDirect site in Australia. There seems to be quite a difference in sizing between the US Akubra's and the ones bought directly from Australia. This is obviously why it fits me tighter than my Campdrafts. Below are the measurements from their site.

HatsDirect:
Size 59 is 23 1/4"
Size 60 is 23 3/4"

David Morgan:
Size 59 is 23"
Size 60 is 23 1/2"

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
Remember too that Akubras often vary. Even the same hat can fit differently. I am a 58 or 59 in a Cattleman or Squatter depending on how the hat comes out. Sometimes they fit tight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou