Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS Dobbs, "Kenley" sized 7 1/8+ Rare hat just in time for cooler weather!

ejbhats

A-List Customer
This brown Dobbs Kenley appears to be an old hat from the late 40's or earlier, sold by Rogers Peet Co. There is some good info regarding this hat on the "Dobbs Diner" thread. The hat is a very pleasing rich coffee brown color... maybe espresso?
It measures out:
22 1/8" Circumf. (8" X 6 3/8" opening). 2 1/2" overwelt, very finely sewn brim. 5 1/2" unbashed crown.
1 1/2" very dark brown to black ribbon.
The sweat is still flexible but could use some conditioner. The liner is in good shape.
The overall condition is very good but it should be cleaned, it still has an old "bar" smell to it. I have done nothing with the hat but brush it. The back of the brim has 3 what could be described as wear spots rather than moth chews they can be seen in the pics. They are not as pronounced as shown under the flash. They appear to be a bit ragged around the edges but minimal given the color. The ribbon has a couple of brown spots probably from age. Again perhaps cleaning.
The hat looks good and has a lot of life left in it. Combined with the possible rarity of this style/model hat by Dobbs would make it worth owning for somone looking for a scarce piece for their collection.
The felt has a very soft hand.
Asking $55.00 delivered to your door conus. Out of country buyers, contact me for shipping costs.

Last edited:

ejbhats

A-List Customer
Would consider trades as well. Never rule anything out. Please check my other listings for more items of interest.

riothamus

One of the Regulars
Hey there. How accurate is that 22 1/8"? I'm between a 22 1/4 and 22 3/8 whenever I measure my noggin. What's your opinion of it stretching to fit that extra bit?

ejbhats

A-List Customer
Hey there. How accurate is that 22 1/8"? I'm between a 22 1/4 and 22 3/8 whenever I measure my noggin. What's your opinion of it stretching to fit that extra bit?
The sweat is in good enough shape, and the felt is also good enough, done properly there should be no problem adjusting the fit slightly. It may fit the way it is now as well.

ejbhats

A-List Customer
Price drop to 45.00, including shipping CONUS! After today, goes to the bay....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sirteen