Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: early 1950s Palm Beach suit, 40R

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
With the arrival of Spring and warmer weather right around the corner, I offer this great early 1950s suit by Palm Beach.

This suit is in excellent condition, no moth holes or stains. It is a rare burnt brown color with slubbing in the material, a common feature during the 1950s. The jacket is 2-button closure with three patch pockets and a single short vent in the back. The trousers are pleated with wide cuffs and a zipper and snap crotch closure.

The Palm Beach label is not the older gold and white style but it does date before the rights to Palm Beach were sold in the mid-'50s.
So, with the 1949 union tag and the info that this suit dates before the rights were sold, we're able to narrow down the era to the early 1950s.

The lining is 1960s-style shiny sharkskin material, a really neat touch.

Jacket:
Length- 31.5"
Arms- 24" with 1.5" to let down
Pit to pit- 22"
Shoulders- 19"

Trousers:
Waist- 34"
Inseam- 29" with 1 3/4" deep cuff that can be let down to produce 3.5" in length along with an extra 1" in the hem. Potential for a 33.5" inseam.
Rise- 12"

The first photo shows the color accurately.
50sPalmBeachsuit009.jpg

50sPalmBeachsuit002.jpg

50sPalmBeachsuit003.jpg

50sPalmBeachsuit006.jpg

50sPalmBeachsuit007.jpg

50sPalmBeachsuit004.jpg

50sPalmBeachsuit005.jpg

A perfect sleek vintage summer suit, just in time for the warm weather.

$175 plus shipping in the U.S. and internationally. PM if interested, Paypal only.

repeatclicks

Practically Family
Why this suit isnt sold yet is beyond me.... Trousers would fit me fine, but the jacket is 2 sizes too big. Shame about that...

repeatclicks

Practically Family
thunderw21 said:
You and me both.

Its just crazy because they rarely turn up on ebay, and especially that killer rust brown color! Would look great with a brown and cream and burgundy tie.

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
Baron Kurtz said:
I was thinking lime green shirt and emerald green tie. Or a pale cream shirt and a bright yellow tie to really make the brown pop.

bk

Those colors would be great!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy