Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS Good Wear Arcadia 40/42

marmalademan

Banned
I'm talking about this one here
https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/naked-hh-good-wear-arcadia.93708/

When it landed it was basically too hot to wear it almost immediately and it still is! So it's barely seen any wear. This is 3oz horsehide which is a little heavier than John's usual offerings. After making it JC told me he liked the leather, as do i. You probably would too. Note, this jacket will mark up easily, which will make it's evolution a lot of fun.

Measurements:

Shoulders 18.5"
Pit to pit 23.5 across the front, 23" across the back
Sleeves 26.5
Length 24

I'm about 6,1 tall with size 40 chest. Fit on me is exactly as I'd want. I would not say it's a slim 40, possibly it's a slim 42, given that this model does fit trim

I advise this will be a good fit for someone who's around a 40 and between 5,10 - 6,2" tall

If there is interest I can snap more photos later, but as it says above, it's not been worn since that thread so condition now is as it was then

Asking price is 1200 USD shipped worldwide

*Almost forget to mention, if there is a deal it'd be payment by friends and family pls. I am not a fitting service!

Last edited:

Hh121

Banned
What's wrong with this world? Every one is selling their best jacket
4fac6f79c900d4e2b69189d97077c611.gif
f7afc1c2d409d833955919e990dc8142.gif

mygar

A-List Customer
Looks to be a very nice jacket. My favorite model from GW.

I think though you can order custom from thedi, aero... etc... so not sure why resale of GW so high. Hope its not due to his terrible customer service... hope we are not awarding that.

marmalademan

Banned
Looks to be a very nice jacket. My favorite model from GW.

I think though you can order custom from thedi, aero... etc... so not sure why resale of GW so high. Hope its not due to his terrible customer service... hope we are not awarding that.
Thank you for for this earth shattering revelation, which certainly has added a great deal of value to my thread.

If any of you had not realised there are other makers also offerring custom jackets, well, now you know of at least two more! Dare I say it, there may even be others out there.

But back to the price of bread. For those of you who know what this is and how this works, feel free to shoot a PM if interested

Best,
Dan

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Tapatalk

marmalademan

Banned
I'm gonna throw in this not yet worn knitted square end tie that I bought to match the jacket and knock off fifty big ones!
Here are a few pics taken just now. Check out the uncreased virginal sleeves and gorgeous gold rayon lining.
£880 shipped worldwide
bf0826b06cfeb7fac263fe50ff3b2876.jpg
3c8dee31694b6adffe3dfcf337ede6ae.jpg
43721c68356dd7b3a81e767469c847d2.jpg
3291722513837f4e25e1111d272ee9d5.jpg
b63b19532a97f441a4e5289873a8b7de.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

marmalademan

Banned
I have had to edit the measurements on the first post because it turns out it's actually a little bigger than I'd remembered

marmalademan

Banned
A spate of unsavoury behind the scenes low balling compels me to lay down a few clarifications.

Seems like on the low ballers grapevine word may have gotten round that old marmalade is out of the orange stuff and in desperate need of a hit! Actually, readers can rest assured the MM pantry is laden with all of my favourite varieties and that if I want marmalade for breakfast lunch and dinner for the next 15 years .. well, then I'll be having marmalade for breakfast lunch and dinner ******** it!

Putting this jacket up is not a financial decision.

It's here because, on the verge of a move, I have realised this one is non essential. That (deep intake) I could do without it and be quite ok.

That said, I do love this jacket. It was John's second attempt and he nailed it. I consider it a stone cold A-Lister. Of the three I have had (Arcadias) this one is IMO the best representation of the model (a verdict I base on the sleeves, its shape & the length) and me holding onto it and us growing old together will not be any kind of disaster. My chief concern however is that this jacket needs more wear time to break in and become the epic blockbuster that I know it can be, than I can realistically afford it in light of my other options, many of which fit better with the rest of my wardrobe and offer more versatility..THIS is the main reason I am willing to sell. But for me to part with it shall require a fair price, or I just won't.

The price that I have come to realise is my bottom line - the point below which I would prefer to keep it- was arrived at after factoring in the following:

1) The condition of this jacket, including the amount of time it has been worn for (less than 5 hours) and the price that I believe John would ask for were it offerred on his website.
2) The cost of me securely shipping it from where I am now
3) The ease with which I could locate another like it were I to experience seller's remorse

Accordingly I consider the asking price below to be a very fair one and it is non negotiable; buyer either pays it or doesn't.

£760 shipped worldwide, via PP friends and family

Edit: if buyer wants the tie he can add £10! I forgot about that when formulating this price

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy