Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: Gorgeous vintage 1930's Supernatural size 7

WineGuy

A-List Customer
I want(read NEED) a new "work of Art" so it's time to raise cash!

For Sale is a stunning vintage Supernatural in a light oatmeal color that I've dated to the early 1930's but might be from the late twenties. It was made for The Kleinhan's Co. of Buffalo NY and has the "Ecuadorian Panama Hat Co of NY seal. I have never seen such quality straw and leather...the weaving is really tight and homogeneous and the sweat band is as soft as a baby's bottom. The hat has amazing flexibility with no signs of drying out, I suspect it can take substantial re-blocking if one wanted to change the shape. The brim edge has the best back weave I've ever seen.

I'm by no means a Panama expert but I've handled thousand dollar Montecristi's and this hat seems to meet and surpass the workmanship.

I measured the inside circumference and it's 22" exactly. A tag under the sweatband says Special Long Oval.

I just posted it on ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/Magnificent-vin...ultDomain_0?hash=item2a0617b231#ht_500wt_1182

If a Fedora lounge member wins the hat I'll ship it for free, just shoot me a PM confirming your auction win.

IMG_3368.jpg

The hat is almost as the color of the pic below but not as white as the pic above
IMG_3452.jpg

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
Kleinhan's of Buffalo! Cool! Their old building still stands. Beautiful place. Buffalo was a poor man's Chicago.
Gotta keep an eye on this. 22" is perfect for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmichael