Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: Rare and Unique Light Aqua Green Longhair Dobbs Sixteen-Fifty - Overtone Edge - 7 1/4

Roan

One of the Regulars
It took me a long time to decide to sell this one, this is the crown jewel of my hat collection and I always told myself I'd never part with it but, the time has come for it to find a better home.
I humbly present this very unique, longhair, Dobbs Sixteen-Fifty; originally sold at the Charles Potts Store For Men in Las Vegas, Nevada somewhere between 1947 and July of 1951 according to the information I got from Brad regarding this specific "Overtone Edge" model. The Overtone Edge is essentially a felted brim edge, except with a differently colored felt which, is almost reminiscent of a bound edge brim. Apparently, Dobbs lost the court battle over the patent and stopped producing hats under this name after 1953.
Anyway, enough with the history and on to the hat! The hat has absolutely ZERO imperfections, no moth bites, no stains, no wear on the felt; the liner is impeccable and the Dobbs logo is embroidered, not printed, at its top.
The sweatband is also in great shape, is nice and supple, and shows no sign of wear.
The hat is a sort of aqua blue/grey color, with the felted brim edge being a bit darker, and perhaps, slightly blue-er; the ribbon is a dark copper/burgundy and sits as a nice contrast to the overall color of the hat.
The hat has only been worn by me on two or three occasions since I've owned it; the rest of the time it was stored in my closet, in a hatbox with cedar chips to repel any bugs.
Given the rarity of this specific model, the unique coloring, the lack of any visible wear, and that it's a longhair felt with NO MOTH BITES, I'm asking $225 for the hat BUT, I am very open to ANY reasonable offers. So please, don't hesitate to to drop me a line and see if we can work something out.

Thanks for looking! :)

Dimensions are as follows:
Crown - 6in open
Brim - 2 7/8in
Ribbon - 1 5/8in
Sweatband - 2in

Now the pictures:

DSCN0696.jpg

DSCN0697.jpg

DSCN0698.jpg

DSCN0699.jpg

DSCN0703.jpg

DSCN0701.jpg

DSCN0700.jpg

DSCN0704.jpg

DSCN0714.jpg

DSCN0713.jpg

DSCN0705.jpg

DSCN0706.jpg

DSCN0709.jpg

DSCN0707.jpg

DSCN0708.jpg

DSCN0710.jpg

Last edited:

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
It that hat was a 7 1/2 I would buy it right now! That is a nice looking hat, love the colors. Maybe due to the summer weather some are not paying attention to this hat, but no matter what I am sure someone will buy it...

Roan

One of the Regulars
Thanks guys! :)
I hope someone decides to buy this one soon. I guarantee whoever does won't be disappointed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner