Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: Set of 5 Borsalino (4) Marque Grand Luxe (1) Colombo $100 B/O

singlechange

One of the Regulars
Borssalinos 003.JPG
Borssalinos 007.JPG View attachment 77625 For sale from my own wardrobe is this offering of a set of five vintage Borsalino hats. All are in good condition. Some have signs of moth nibbles but not bad. All are small size too 4, 4 1/2, 5.

Perhaps someone would like them even if too small to just have chance to look at them in hand. Something like a travelling museum of sorts. There was something like this with a vintage fountain pen forum where for a small fee a famous Parker 51 made its round all over the country by mail just so people could write with one for a period of one week and then sent on to the next person.

Borssalinos 001.JPG
For these Borsalinos, I am asking $100 or best offer for you to own and keep. Shipping is $20.00 within continental U.S.A. Feel free to ask for more pics.

Attachments

• Borssalinos 008.JPG
    Borssalinos 008.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 253
  • Borssalinos 004.JPG
    Borssalinos 004.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 224
  • Borssalinos 010.JPG
    Borssalinos 010.JPG
    1,005.4 KB · Views: 255
  • Borssalinos 009.JPG
    Borssalinos 009.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 191
Last edited:

singlechange

One of the Regulars
Alan, Yes. $100.00 for all five. I know it's a steal.
Just today I met my master hatter Mr. Corvelli to show him my best hats (Cavanagh Forty, 1950's Stetson 7x Clear Beaver circa 1950, 1960's Stetson One Hundred with wide ribbon and short soft brim and the brown Borsalino (in the photograph) and the lighter of the two grey Borsalino (not the one with the black ribbon; also in the photograph). He and I discussed them. I told him my favorite is the Cavanagh Forty. Mr. Corvelli said the feel of the wonderful fur of the light grey Borsalino (in the photo) was extraordinary. In all his years (he is 80 plus years old and his father and grandfather worked in the Borsalino factory) he himself has handled such fur felt. Of course feel is very subjective.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy