Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: Vintage Wade and Butcher Straight Razor

vintage68

Practically Family
There's nothing more manly than shaving with something that could cut your head clean off! If you're like James Bond and "prefer to do some things the old fashioned way" than this item is for you.

For sale I have a vintage Wade and Butcher Straight Razor. This straight razor is intact and fully functional. It has a large hollow grind wedge measuring 1" and comes with beautiful horn scales and its original "coffin box." Recently sharpened by the Classic Shaving company this straight razor is ready for use. Wade and Butcher started making straight razors in the 1820's and this one was probably being used when Abe Lincoln was still walking around although I'm unable to give any exact date for this. $180 shipped.

Strapped-4-Cache

One Too Many
That's a mighty nice cleaver you have there. Still looking to add an 8/8 to the stable. Most of mine are either 4/8 or 6/8.
If I had the cash available I'd take that off your hands right now.
Someone needs to pick this up. It's a better than fair price on a beautiful razor.

Strapped-4-Cache

One Too Many
The only way I could get it right now is if you could put it on an installment plan. :p

My wife and I are just recovering from having to purchase a new dishwasher, so the budget is a tighter than usual.

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
Any famous necks this razor has....well....you know....lol! Have to admit it sure looks like it has a lot of quality. I'll have to ask my Husband if he needs a razor like this.

vintage68

Practically Family
Not as far as I know! But it is old enough to have been around when Jack the Ripper was walking the streets of London.....:eeek:

In response to a recent question in a PM, I wanted to add that the blade itself is 3 inches long from the tip to the tang.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot