Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Future Gift to Myself

Gray Ghost

A-List Customer
I have decided that when I finally get all of my weight off of me, not just a little bit but all of the bad weight, I will have me a Bespoke suit done. I figured that it will be a nice treat for me. I want a 30s era double breasted gray pinstripe. My papa had one like that. I know that it will be expensive, but when I do lose the weight I feel that I deserve it. If I don't lose this weight, I will not be around much longer. I have diabetes and diabetic neuropathy. I will not only have a nice suit but I will live with the love of my life a little longer and possibly without diabetes hanging over me. I can just see myself in that suit now. My wife will have to beat all of the young ladies off of me. LOL. I can still dream though. About the ladies not the suit. I WILL have that suit.

=GG=

_Nightwing

One of the Regulars
Two people close to me have diabetes, so you have my support. Perhaps it would help your motivation to post your weight loss in this thread, then we can cheer you on. Also, if you're ever down by Charlotte you have a gym buddy/free personal training.

Gray Ghost

A-List Customer
Two people close to me have diabetes, so you have my support. Perhaps it would help your motivation to post your weight loss in this thread, then we can cheer you on. Also, if you're ever down by Charlotte you have a gym buddy/free personal training.

Sounds good to me. We do need to get together and do a Fedora Lounge function for all of us in NC. I keep suggesting it and everyone thinks its a great idea and then it dies. Let's see what we can do. I may take the train to Charlotte to add to the feel of it.

=GG=

Achturn

New in Town
Everytime you feel like reaching for a snack you shouldn't, just think about that suit! Guarantee it'll make the process easier!
Best of luck to you good sir! Persevere!

SgtRick

One of the Regulars
GG, put a picture of the suit on your frige door. It will re-enforce what your goal is and you will be less likely to grab something out of there that you shouldn't.

Rick

Gray Ghost

A-List Customer

Since I posted this thread, I have lost 5 pounds. It is a good healthy loss but I just wish it was more. It seemed like the first few weeks, nothing came off and poss gained a litte, but 5 pounds is nothing to sneeze at. It means that I am 5 pounds closer to my bespoked suit.

=GG=

Last edited:

davidraphael

Practically Family
I lost the best part of 42 pounds in the past. I cut out fat, deep-fried stuff, booze (well, not all), too much bread, and snacks. If I ate meat it was just very low fat chicken breasts or seafood.
I had one main meal per day (veg soups and stews are great!), a small breakfast and small, mainly fruit based lunch.
Most importantly, I got out and walked briskly 3 times a week (I HATE gyms).
It can be done. And you'll feel great in your new suit! Guaranteed!

_Nightwing

One of the Regulars
Since I posted this thread, I have lost 5 pounds. It is a good healthy loss but I just wish it was more. It seemed like the first few weeks, nothing came off and poss gained a litte, but 5 pounds is nothing to sneeze at. It means that I am 5 pounds closer to my bespoked suit.

=GG=

Good, solid start. I think that breaking the status quo is the hardest part. Now you're on the way, you're doing it, and you're seeing the results. That's five down, now focus on the next five.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusa80