Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

G&B Civil A-2 fit pics?

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
TXFlyGuy, it just occurred to me if you are planning to fly any WW II aircraft, you definitely need something more historically accurate than a G&B civil A-2, and highly recommend a G&B "historic" A-2, such as a Model 43. I recommend the mahogany over the russet HH. ;)

TXFlyGuy

Practically Family
TXFlyGuy, it just occurred to me if you are planning to fly any WW II aircraft, you definitely need something more historically accurate than a G&B civil A-2, and highly recommend a G&B "historic" A-2, such as a Model 43. I recommend the mahogany over the russet HH. ;)

Thanks! If I have any money left over after the Mustang is completed, we'll get some new attire.

Deacon211

One Too Many
My personal experience with the G+B G-1 was that it was roomy in the waist even with going a size down. I just think they cut them for a modern, less trim customer.

I am 6'2", 220lbs, 44in chest, 39in waist. I wear a very nicely fitting Eastman G-1 in 46 which is my suit size. In G+B sizes, the 46 was quite large, while the 44 was just a tiny bit snug in the shoulders (I'm fairly broad in the shoulders) but still wide in the waist.

If you can get one tailored, that would be great. The head of sales also told me that G+B could customize the jacket themselves, but it would cost more.

TXFlyGuy, that's awesome! Any pics you could post?

Deacon

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TXFlyGuy

Practically Family
My personal experience with the G+B G-1 was that it was roomy in the waist even with going a size down. I just think they cut them for a modern, less trim customer.

I am 6'2", 220lbs, 44in chest, 39in waist. I wear a very nicely fitting Eastman G-1 in 46 which is my suit size. In G+B sizes, the 46 was quite large, while the 44 was just a tiny bit snug in the shoulders (I'm fairly broad in the shoulders) but still wide in the waist.

If you can get one tailored, that would be great. The head of sales also told me that G+B could customize the jacket themselves, but it would cost more.

TXFlyGuy, that's awesome! Any pics you could post?

Deacon

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

G&B charges an extra $200 or so for a custom fit. Here is a picture, or two of the project plane...

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Last edited:

Edward

Bartender
Thanks for those measurements. I like G&B jackets very much but I hate the ugly side entry pockets on the civilian model. If only they could have recessed them under the cargo pocket like they do on the Indy Jones jacket.

It would certainly give them a more authentic look. On the flipside, though, I've always suspected that if you use the handwarmers a lot on an Indy (I exclusively use the patch pockets on my own), the pockets on top of them will begin to sag out badly.

TXFlyGuy

Practically Family
The P-51D Mustang is my favorite also. This one, a replica version with a V6 Honda, flies very nice. Carries two adults, can be flown from the back seat.
Yes, it is a huge project. Those pictures of the wing section were taken at the school shop where we are doing the build. That is Mr. Keith, the Aviation Dept. Head, on his back measuring for the wing fit to the center section.

Plan to wear my B-15, A-2, and G-1 when flying on those cold days! Hope to have a good heating system worked out...hot air flow off the radiator.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR