Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gene Marshall doll

Celia Crowson

Familiar Face
Hiya!

I recently purchased a Gene Marshall doll "love at first sight":
Love at first sight.bmp

From what I have seen some of her outfits are rather lovely - 1940s inspired. And the hairstyles are something to be green with envy over :)
I really like the USO Gene - well her outfit anyway but it is hard to find just the outfit.

I was wondering if anyone in the group is an owner of a Gene Marshall doll?
~ if so, what doll do you own? - do you have any outfits? - any of her furniture?

~Amanda~

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
HI Celia! I love Gene and her clothes, but don't collect her line really. I have one Gene doll, I think her name was Savannah... I got her to wear my Gone With the Wind outfits, right now she's wearing the birthday party velvet dress. She can wear outfits from the Franklin Mint, about the same size as Rose, Scarlett, and Josephine.

I also have an outfit from a Madra doll, Turbulence. It's an aviator outfit I bought for my Rose/Titanic doll to wear.

The USO outfit is rare and hard to find, good luck! They usually go high!

Check out Noel's repaints, they are just AMAZING!! Here's the Gene doll repainted as Scarlett, (this is also the gown my doll is wearing),
http://ncruz.com/scarlettoharagene.html

I also love the DAE dolls and would love to collect them. Some handsome fellas there too! http://www.daeoriginals.com/index2.html
Nikki

BettyValentine

A-List Customer
I have a couple Genes and a Madra with red hair and a couple outfits. The new Genes are kind of awesome too, but I haven't fallen for one of them yet.

They're in Chicago, except one who came here to be a fit model. She's still in her box, though, cause the dollfies have been kicking her around. The dollfies need clothes first, and they're much more demanding. (They do, however, want the same sort of clothes.)

BV - may have too many hobbies.

K.D. Lightner

Call Me a Cab
I noticed the glamorous Gene doll early on when perusing Ebay. I didn't know she had a last name and thought she was modeled on Gene Tierney. Was she? The face and the costumes seemed to fit the period in which the actress lived.

Also, I have a Barbie Audrey Hepburn doll dressed as Holly Golightly (when she stood in front of Tiffanys in that black dress, drinking Shrafts coffee). And I have the Mattel James Dean dressed in his "Rebel" outfit. I think his face is the best of all the JD dolls: a dead ringer. His body and neck, however, are a bit skinny a la Barbie.

The Audrey doll, likewise is pretty accurate, face and body. She was as skinny as Barbie so she looks right, whereas the Marilyn Monroe and Elizabeth Taylor doll do not, especially MM.

karol

AllaboutEve

Practically Family
Hi Celia! I am a MASSIVE Gene Marshall fan and Love at First Sight is without doubt my favourite doll. I have her in my cabinet wearing "Love's Ghost" at the moment, which is a copy of the dress that Gene Tierney wears in "The Ghost and Mrs Muir" and she looks just lovely.
I have a number of the dolls and quite a lot of the outfits, I am off work for the next few days and will try and post some pics!
I am so excited that someone else is a Gene fan!!!!!!:) :) :)
By the way Ebay is probably the best place to find the USO outfit on it's own, it does come up as I have seen it recently, but you just have to keep checking!!!
Oh and for the record the new Gene "Ladies that Launch" is just to die for , ( I got her for Christmas!!!!)

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
I have Love's Ghost and it is lovely on my Scarlett and other period girls!
Yes, ebay has a great Gene/Madra selection, but I noticed it has dwindled somewhat.

Nikki

BegintheBeguine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I got the book from the library. http://www.amazon.com/Gene-Marshall..._bbs_sr_2/102-6113272-0438528?ie=UTF8&s=books The author and Gene Marshall's creator Mel Odom is a fiction author and the book reads like a biography of a real star. All the dolls are made-up characters in case anyone is still confused. The movies described have people thinking they are real movies that for some reason Netflix just doesn't stock! Apparently he loved glamorous things even as a child. I reccommend this book.

Celia Crowson

Familiar Face
AllaboutEve said:
Hi Celia! I am a MASSIVE Gene Marshall fan and Love at First Sight is without doubt my favourite doll. I have her in my cabinet wearing "Love's Ghost" at the moment, which is a copy of the dress that Gene Tierney wears in "The Ghost and Mrs Muir" and she looks just lovely.
I have a number of the dolls and quite a lot of the outfits, I am off work for the next few days and will try and post some pics!
I am so excited that someone else is a Gene fan!!!!!!:) :) :)
By the way Ebay is probably the best place to find the USO outfit on it's own, it does come up as I have seen it recently, but you just have to keep checking!!!
Oh and for the record the new Gene "Ladies that Launch" is just to die for , ( I got her for Christmas!!!!)

Hiya AllaboutEve - I finally have the 'love's ghost' outfit - Gene [love at first sight] does look divine wearing it :)

Still haven't got the USO outfit....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats