Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gentlemen what is the ideal lady for you?

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
MrNewportCustom said:
We all have the right to like or dislike anyone, for any reason. "No shirt, no shoes, no service," one might say. What get me are the people who insist on tolerance at all costs, but are completely intolerant of any person who has a thought that is different from theirs, and then go on to tell us that we have to think their way because it's the "better" way: Hardly the definition of tolerance. That's being intolerant of someone for how they think, not where they landed in society or what they do.

We all have the right to think and speak for ourselves, and if someone can't tolerate that, that's their problem, not mine, at least until they attempt to take away my constitutional right to be myself.
Lee

Well said, Lee.:eusa_clap True toleration allows divergence.
Now, back to topic...really...

For me, a lady is truly attractive if she has an inquisitive mind, is soft-spoken (unless she is pushed to the wall, and the "dame" in her has to come out);) , and despises injustice and outright evil. In addition, someone who is supportive, loyal, dresses well, is an avid reader, and who shares my Christian faith/values. Femininity is a must, but then that is a word which changes its definition according to whoever is using it. An appreciation for vintage (music, clothes, movies) would be a BIG plus, especially since we're talking about "ideal" women. Dove' questa donna?[huh]

Lee

Fedord Spaniard

One of the Regulars
MrNewportCustom said:
No, HD, it is not everyone's concern: Our thoughts are our own concern and no one has the right to tell us otherwise.

We all have the right to like or dislike anyone, for any reason. "No shirt, no shoes, no service," one might say. What get me are the people who insist on tolerance at all costs, but are completely intolerant of any person who has a thought that is different from theirs, and then go on to tell us that we have to think their way because it's the "better" way: Hardly the definition of tolerance. That's being intolerant of someone for how they think, not where they landed in society or what they do.

We all have the right to think and speak for ourselves, and if someone can't tolerate that, that's their problem, not mine, at least until they attempt to take away my constitutional right to be myself. I don't believe in changing someone for either my own purposes or for "the better good"; I believe in accepting them for who they are or avoiding them for who they are. I decide who I like or dislike, and why.

And now for something back on topic:

If she insists I fight for her, she may end up walking home: It would certainly be the last time she ever sees me, because she would not be anywhere near my ideal lady. In fact, I wouldn't even consider her to be a lady, because a lady will respect her man's wish to not fight as much as a man should be willing to fight for her when, and only when, it is absolutely necessary. I will fight for her, but only as a last resort.

Making certain that she is safe and unharmed is my real concern, and if I can also get out unscathed, all the better.

Lee

:) I agree with you sir. Everyone is entitled to thier own thoughts or belief system. Theres nobodys thoughts or lifestyle that are going to impact on someone's life as long as the thought in mind is not being forced upon anyone else. Thoughts are just that, is what you do with it that makes you what you are.

"No shirts, No shoes, No diiiice.." - Jeff Spicoli lol

Spiffy

A-List Customer
Oh, I forgot.
In addition to being willing to argue with me, he needs to be geeky.
Really geeky.
Willing to discuss things like (for example) shifting timelines in Terminator universe geeky.

I am not a picky guy, I've dated quite a few women, and none of them would fit into the same category as the other. Now my IDEAL is something I will probably never find.

She'd have to be willing to live in a house that is a step back into post WWII era America. It's awesome if she drives a station wagon, especially wood panelling. Smarts are important. I love a lady who I can have a long conversation with and not feel like 'the brains' in it, not to sound pompous. Loyalty is very important. There's no reason for cheating, I've been cheated on, but never cheated, seems a tad unfair. Passion is also important, passion for life, for what you love, and for what you do, is big.

As far as looks, I don't hardly care, a gal who dresses vintage, and ain't afraid to wear a dress here and there is great! Also, I'm a sucker for redheads. I could go on with positive traits, but I'll wrap up with my Mama better like her, because my mama always knows when I have a good lady.

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
Ideally, she is ...

-- witty (and quick witted)

-- silly when silliness is the best way to go

-- adventurous

-- perceptive

-- compassionate

-- loving

-- somewhat athletic

-- more a tomboy than a wallflower

-- NOT 'high maintenance'

-- a fighter when fighting needs to be done

-- a reader

-- an observer

-- an intellectual

-- a historian at heart

-- a lover of art and architecture

-- a lover of world travel, be it backbacking and camping, or staying at fine hotels

-- a seeker of truth, whatever it might be and wherever it might lead her

-- blessed with a good sense of style

-- a lover of children and the world of childhood

-- passionate about life, yet tranquil at her core

-- physically alluring (to me)

-- good in bed

(Not necessarily in that order.)

Spiffy said:
Oh, I forgot.
Really geeky.
Willing to discuss things like (for example) shifting timelines in Terminator universe geeky.
See that and raise with discussing-the-finer-points-of-Terminator-operating-systems geeky! If you're up for it I'd be game to argue 800-series versus T-X...

Like "buys the Collector's Edition of a game just 'cause I like the music and it's the only way to get the soundtrack album" geeky?

Like "can quote every line of Jurassic Park from start to finish and usually get the timings between 'em right too" geeky?

Argues endlessly about why the A-Team would hand MacGyver his rear on a plate, and the Equalizer was better than all of 'em, along with wanting to actually build a fully-functional KITT?

And BTW, I thought Optimus Prime lopping Bonecrusher's head off was consistent with the character in light of the situation they were in.:eek:

Guess there's such a thing as "too geeky"--[voice=Jeff Goldblum as "Dr. Malcolm"]which explains why I'm here, attempting to be the comic-relief in this thread, that's--that's 'geeky.'"[/voice]lol

----------------
Now playing: Steve Jablonsky - You're A Soldier Now
via FoxyTunes

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
Spiffy said:
Oh, I forgot.
Really geeky.

I agree on the geeky part! I remember one guy being VERY angry because I didn't find 'a universe without an end' mindboggling and confusing but that I understood it (real universe here, not the terminator one lol). He said no-one could understand that [huh] . So yes, someone who can be über geeky is cool in my book. And is open to play hackeysack at night under a streetlight is good too lol

JennyLou

Practically Family
Darhling said:
I agree on the geeky part! I remember one guy being VERY angry because I didn't find 'a universe without an end' mindboggling and confusing but that I understood it (real universe here, not the terminator one lol). He said no-one could understand that [huh] . So yes, someone who can be über geeky is cool in my book. And is open to play hackeysack at night under a streetlight is good too lol
I love geeks. So far all my exes have been Trekkies.

Laura Chase

One Too Many
Marc Chevalier said:
Ideally, she is ...
-- NOT 'high maintenance'

Some great wants for your ideal lady, I think, they are all I want in a guy as well, minus a few, and I'd also add a few, probably:

Not requirements for me:
-- somewhat athletic
-- a lover of children and the world of childhood

What I'd add:
-- open minded, free-spirited and tolerant (especially when it comes to sex)
-- patient (because I'm not!)

But what exactly does "high maintenance" means? Does it mean that she shouldn't wear expensive clothing, get her hair cut at expensive salons, enjoy fine dining...? Or is it something else you are thinking of?

Sometimes, I'm afraid of coming off as high maintenance, but truly, it's only because I love expensive shoes and fine dining. :eek: However, that doesn't mean I expect the guy to pay for it all. Does a "high maintenance" gal also expect that?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn