Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gents: Do you feel comfortable with a woman who is taller than you?

Do you feel comfortable being in a relationship with a woman who is taller than you?

• Total voters
^^Why would you say that is so? -Lee

I am not sure of his reasons but the simple fact is that few men approach tall women. One of the reasons this is so is the whole arm in arm entering a room. You are subject to no end of jokes like do you stand on the curb to kiss her and dozens more that are more ribald in nature.:eusa_doh: You avoid that whole mess with someone the same size or shorter than you.
Another thing is that women themselves sort men by height and that limits chances or opportunities. Tall women will date a shorter guy but he has to be some celebrity like Dudley Moore or rich to make up for the height difference. lol lol The funny thing is that as a result you see and hear them complaining about not getting dates. :rofl:

The Gentleman

New in Town
^^Why would you say that is so? -Lee
Well, I believe a man is supposed to kind of be his wife's protector, and if she's taller than you - makes it awkward it that sense, I would feel more like her poodle than her boyfriend.
Besides, I feel I would get more admiration from a smaller woman than from a tall one. Size matters!

Edward

Bartender
I am not sure of his reasons but the simple fact is that few men approach tall women. One of the reasons this is so is the whole arm in arm entering a room. You are subject to no end of jokes like do you stand on the curb to kiss her and dozens more that are more ribald in nature.:eusa_doh: You avoid that whole mess with someone the same size or shorter than you.
Another thing is that women themselves sort men by height and that limits chances or opportunities. Tall women will date a shorter guy but he has to be some celebrity like Dudley Moore or rich to make up for the height difference. lol lol The funny thing is that as a result you see and hear them complaining about not getting dates. :rofl:

I'd dispute whether he who so limits himself for such reasons deserves to be called a man.

Andarius

New in Town
Funny timing on this thread.... I found myself in this situation earlier today. I come in at a dead even 6' and, while I was at the local big box store I was getting the "eyes" from the not unattractive cashier.... who was around 6'3-4.... If I had read this thread yesterday it would have been a no-brainer. "Of course I would! who cares about a little height difference" but now having been there and.... passed.... I can say "nope" wasn't working for me.

Aerojoe

Practically Family
One of the reasons this is so is the whole arm in arm entering a room. You are subject to no end of jokes like do you stand on the curb to kiss her and dozens more that are more ribald in nature.

Being the subject of these kind of "jokes" can be very useful to find out who's a jerk in a matter of minutes. If I was dating a taller woman, I'd enjoy to hear those comments... and to answer some of them back :D

Another thing is that women themselves sort men by height and that limits chances or opportunities. Tall women will date a shorter guy but he has to be some celebrity like Dudley Moore or rich to make up for the height difference

I tend to agree with this.

Funny timing on this thread.... I found myself in this situation earlier today. I come in at a dead even 6' and, while I was at the local big box store I was getting the "eyes" from the not unattractive cashier.... who was around 6'3-4.... If I had read this thread yesterday it would have been a no-brainer. "Of course I would! who cares about a little height difference" but now having been there and.... passed.... I can say "nope" wasn't working for me.

Ah, experience talking. :p

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
The tallest woman I went out with was a 5'9" Brazilian. The first time I saw her, she was wearing platforms, and was almost my height (6'). At first, I was a bit surprised, but since I like tall women, I had no real problem with it. (I must admit, though, I preferred it when she wore "regular" shoes...)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy