Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

German & Austrian Hutmachers

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
I will Update my meeting with Steve!
Today we was in a local Part of Remscheid. It was a rainy day but we had luck and the rain comes a bit later but then very Heavy.
It was fleamarket in our historic town!
756124f78806be6febeaa747fe591a44.jpg

Steve enjoyed the stuff he saw!

282df1709aca8166ee9366f6491ef9c2.jpg

a8d3ecb4a0783a28f998885cdaf84152.jpg

a bit later I show him the highest railroad
Bridge in Germany with 106 m on the highest Point!

09f749dc73cd26f9e78409f890b37a40.jpg

adebee26a7ad0d8e2b504b56a7fbf7a2.jpg

We both had a really great Time and both of us enjoyed it!
Now Steve is on the way to his next target.
Have a Great Time in Germany my good old Friend !

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Thanks Jim.
I slowed my participation because it's summer and I have not a great passion for the Straw Hats.
Modern production is often the repetition of a canon: the Montecristi declined in several versions.
I miss the alternatives in straw materials for the construction of summerly hats and so these weeks are, for me, a period to treat sale of felt hats.
Yes you've got it right. Despite the heat I buy and sell felt hats.
In early summer my father, very old 94 years, passed away after a year of suffering.
I had to dedicate myself, in spite of myself, to the bureaucracy as the only heir.
With his death ends my father's family. As we all know that's life.
I have a good number of Italian vintage hats to be presented on dedicated threads in FL and also some American "surprise"

My condolences, sir - 94's a pretty good run, though. And he has a son to be proud of. Don't you extend your father's family another generation?

Looking forward to hearing more from you, my friend.

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Thanks friends, thanks for the kind words about my hats, but It's not so impressive as Steves!

I would like to show you some fleamarket finds from Saturday with Steve.

A Traveller from Wool - Chrushfelt - not impressive but good made.
Casual3.JPG

A Mayser Garant, probably from the 60s early 70s - dark blue/black!

MayserBlueone3.JPG

A browm Trilby - Rousselet - , probably 60s

Roussel3.JPG

A Stetson Vita Felt - Chrushable - German price 139,95 EURO

StetsonVita4.jpg

A Willy Olfers Fedora in Black size 59/60, probably 60s

Willi3.JPG

Of the other hats, I have no photos to time! A Mayser Traveller Chruschfelt Hat in Brown.
A Robert Heath Homburger in black and a black Mayser Fedora.

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
This is a very beautiful Echter Mayser Homburge in a very nice colored gray. The hat is probably from the
50s and never worn. He fits perfect. It's from Ebay.

MayserHomburgSpezialgrau5.JPG

And this hat a old Tonak Fedora from CSSR. One of the great and fantastic finds of Steve. You remember the gigantic haul
with all the hats. Yes, this is one. It was a generous gift of Steve. Thank you my friend for this fantastic treasure. I am very proud.

Tonak4.JPG

RJR

This is a very beautiful Echter Mayser Homburge in a very nice colored gray. The hat is probably from the
50s and never worn. He fits perfect. It's from Ebay.

MayserHomburgSpezialgrau5.JPG

And this hat a old Tonak Fedora from CSSR. One of the great and fantastic finds of Steve. You remember the gigantic haul
with all the hats. Yes, this is one. It was a generous gift of Steve. Thank you my friend for this fantastic treasure. I am very proud.

Tonak4.JPG
Nice.

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
RJR and Mike, thank you and thank you all for the likes.
The Tonak has so super soft felt I never feel it before and the Homburg is also very Special - The shape, the stiffnes and the weight are awesome!

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Fastuni

Call Me a Cab
Great photos and hats!

BTW I checked for the label under my black J. Seidl hat...
the model is named "Komet", I suspect a strong hint towards 1910, where there was a lot of hysteria and also "commercial exploitation" of Halley's comet.

The hat is labelled 56 cm and measures 56.6 cm.
As it is older than my preferred timeframe (and too small), I think I'll let go of this "Komet" and let it fly towards someone else's collection. ;) If there is interest, let me know gents.

Komet.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo