Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Getting a vintage haircut: what to ask for?

Lillemor

One Too Many
If you had a middy cut, could you have it permed and at least not look flat on days you don't have time to style your hair? Will it look "stupid"?

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
I want to thank Smuterella, MissHannah, Mrs. Merl and Laura Chase for their helpful advice concerning my haircut. I went to Floris Salong in Malmö http://eniro.se/query?search_word=floris+salong&geo_area=malm%F6&what=all and got it all chopped off today. Now I look a bit like Rizzo:
AAAAC_j9358AAAAAABsJrw.jpg

Personally I love it, but I can't help wonder what the young men will think!:eek: I hope to post pics this weekend, I'm looking forward to your opinion...

MissHannah

One Too Many
I LOVE Rizzo's hair! That bad-girl short hair look rules the school :)

rizzo.jpg

cherry lips said:
I want to thank Smuterella, MissHannah, Mrs. Merl and Laura Chase for their helpful advice concerning my haircut. I went to Floris Salong in Malmö http://eniro.se/query?search_word=floris+salong&geo_area=malm%F6&what=all and got it all chopped off today. Now I look a bit like Rizzo:
AAAAC_j9358AAAAAABsJrw.jpg

Personally I love it, but I can't help wonder what the young men will think!:eek: I hope to post pics this weekend, I'm looking forward to your opinion...

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
This is the only picture I have of my new hair cut. As you can see I had to play with the contrast for you to see it at all:

debban3.jpg

One of my friends said I looked like Marilyn (as a brunette of course ;) ). The front has a wave similar to hers. That's Mary on the right, we had fun that night. :D

MissHannah

One Too Many
Looks great from what I can see - but you gotta get us some better pics Cherry! I'm dying to get a proper look :)

The Shirt

Practically Family
CherryLips - I think it looks adorable. When you described it previously, I wasn't sure how it would translate - but I just adore it! You two look very glamourous on your eve out!

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
Thank you my little sunshines! You make me happy. I promise to post pics when I get my hands on some, and to do some do explaining :)

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
Thank you for showing interest in my hair hahaha! I'm sending cherry blow kisses to you all *smooch*
Here are pics taken this evening when Mary and I went lindy hoppin'.

silkeshr1.jpg

silkeshr2.jpg

silkeshr3.jpg

This is what it looks like at the moment, but you can alter it by the way you brush it, and where you place the part. The hairdresser cut it so as to enhance my natural curls, and then set it. When I walked out it looked like I'd gotten a perm! The back had perfect finger waves, and every curl was in it's proper place. It looked very old-fashioned and fancy, kind of like I was wearing a wig, or like I was a first lady! But after sleeping on it it became messy, and more youthful I think. When I set it myself it's pretty, but it doesn't turn me into the president's wife; I guess I lack the magic hands. Mary, you have to teach me how to finger wave (the back of my head)!

vintagemaven

New in Town
Rizzo cut

I am growing out a pixie cut....I have been experimenting with that Rizzo look/ betty boop....my hair is naturally curly so its not that hard....this is what i did. i used a light pomeade and i used small curlers ro get piecy culrs or I also use a thin small round brush and blowdryer.

kerry

One of the Regulars
cherry lips said:
Thank you for showing interest in my hair hahaha! I'm sending cherry blow kisses to you all *smooch*
Here are pics taken this evening when Mary and I went lindy hoppin'.

silkeshr1.jpg

silkeshr2.jpg

silkeshr3.jpg

This is what it looks like at the moment, but you can alter it by the way you brush it, and where you place the part. The hairdresser cut it so as to enhance my natural curls, and then set it. When I walked out it looked like I'd gotten a perm! The back had perfect finger waves, and every curl was in it's proper place. It looked very old-fashioned and fancy, kind of like I was wearing a wig, or like I was a first lady! But after sleeping on it it became messy, and more youthful I think. When I set it myself it's pretty, but it doesn't turn me into the president's wife; I guess I lack the magic hands. Mary, you have to teach me how to finger wave (the back of my head)!

It is beautifully shaped at the back!

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
Thank you darlings. I've noticed that the greasier this do gets, the better it looks: more curly, shiny, and 50s!

MissHannah

One Too Many
Cherry I know exactly what you mean about looking like a first lady - I know that mine can end up looking a bit Margaret Thatcher when it's set in a more stiff way! I'd love to get those soft Marilyn curls but they always fall out if they aren't quite tight curls. Sometimes my hair is so coated in hairspray it looks ceramic lol

I think yours is looking fabulous - very soft and flirty and feminine (very much like your whole self :))

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy