Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

gibson barnes a-2 jacket

kojax

Practically Family
how is gibson barnes sizing do they run big my father is a 38 should he go 36 he wants horsehide i think flightjacket.com horsehide might be to heavy for him i thought the vintage horsehide might be a little lighter. i keep searching thanks kojax

polocoat

One of the Regulars
They run a little large. My suggestion is to call Dave Marshall at Gibson and Barnes for guidance. Nice and very honest guy. Good luck.:)

regius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I'd like to revitalize this thread. I own a 38 historical A2 horsehide, mark 31 (correct me if im wrong, can't bother to verify). my chest is 40, I wear 40 motorcycle jackets, my shoulder is broad but arms are long. This 38 A2 fits very nicely, sleeves are just right, no crease ups or tunneling, the only question I have about the accurate WW2 fit is really on the shoulder seams. Should the shoulder seam fall beyond the shoulder and drop down a bit, or should it recede into the shoulder joints??? From all the war movies, I can say the actors all have a rounded shoulder look.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot