Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gibson /Barnes motorcycle jacket

pjstrass

One of the Regulars
has anyone owned a G&B motorcycle jacket...either the more or the less expensive in goat or cowhide ? thanks

any comparisons to Vanson, Aero ...??

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
Yep. I wrote it up here a few weeks back.

I have their Maricopa police patrol jacket with mods. Made in dark brown and no epaulettes

Thick goat. I've owned many jackets and it's the best made, in terms of stitching, leather and lining.

I got a 42 tall which may still be a little short to some tastes. It just covers my belt. SLeeves are fine. Looks a little like a Highwayman, but has an action back.

It's not as heavy as the heavyweight leather of Vanson or Aero - which is what I wanted as I don't like my jackets to be too heavy.

Fiver64

Practically Family
G&B vs. the others.....

G&B is certainly nice stuff. I've only handled one of their jackets.....nice. If you want a good MC jacket (police style) that is one of the most commonly purchased by police, try TAYLOR'S LEATHERWEAR. Made in USA, and usually more economically priced. I have a TLW jacket that I wear (and abuse) daily, made of medium weight cowhide, that is going on 10 years old. In 15 years I plan on retiring in it! I would avoid their budget line of APPALACHIAN... they tend to be lesser quality and price, and usually imported from Pakistan. If you check ebay, you can usually find a decent selection of used (decommissioned) jackets from them for often around $100. Well worth the minor cost, in my opinion.

San Diego leather makes OK MC jackets too (and in US), but I've often found them a bit too stiff for my taste.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic