Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Girdles, Corsets, and Underpinnings

Status
Not open for further replies.

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
pigeon toe said:
Actually, I find that my girdles take me WAY in at the hips and don't do much for my waist. I have a lot more fat on my hips and lower tummy (and not much at all on my waist), which I guess is quite easy to smush and flatten. My girdles usually bring my hips down about 3", and my waist only about 1". So it is possible depending on your body type!

That's why I mentioned my waist cincher. My girdle only takes in my waist 1-2inch, but about 3 on the hips. In my opinion, the girdle makes me look much thicker. I rarely wear it. The cincher pulls in my waist a good 3 inches (more on a puffy day) and none on my hips because it doesn't come down far enough. The waist cincher does a better job of giving me the 50's nipped waist look.

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
pigeon toe said:
Actually, I find that my girdles take me WAY in at the hips and don't do much for my waist. I have a lot more fat on my hips and lower tummy (and not much at all on my waist), which I guess is quite easy to smush and flatten. My girdles usually bring my hips down about 3", and my waist only about 1". So it is possible depending on your body type!

Yeah, it may depend on how you're built. I am very curvy but am also very fit from my roller derby. My girdles only take me in about an inch in the hips.

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
goldwyn girl said:
I have that one, firm but not restricting.

Isn't the one from Mybabyjo just the Rago corselette? I like it but the cups just are not cut right and I have to wear a regular bra over it.

goldwyn girl

One Too Many
KittyT said:
Isn't the one from Mybabyjo just the Rago corselette? I like it but the cups just are not cut right and I have to wear a regular bra over it.
You might be right, I think I ordered mine from Girdle Bound now you have jogged my memory. I don't have any problem with the cups, plenty to fill them out I guess lol

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
goldwyn girl said:
You might be right, I think I ordered mine from Girdle Bound now you have jogged my memory. I don't have any problem with the cups, plenty to fill them out I guess lol

The problem I have is that they are not cut full enough in the top part of the cup and cut into me across the top. I have this problem with bullet bras too.

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Ha! It was rather disturbing, wasn't it! And to think, I was doing a search for Titanic Barbie, and that came up! [huh]
Nikki

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
I have avoided this thread because I have juch a hard time with Corsets and Girdles. I have had my eye on the Rago Corselet but I think it would turn out to be too large on top. Also I have an open bottom girdle and it pulls me in alot but then my thighs rub together and start to smoke. :mad:
I have one that looks a little like bike shorts but it rids up at the inner thigh.

I think I'm just destined to be lumpy.:(

Smuterella

One Too Many
oh, try the rago waistcincher, seriously, I think I look fabulous in it so if i'm happy I'm sure anyone else will be

NoirDame

One of the Regulars
Welcome to the forum, Doe!!!!

I just got my first girdle and I love it! I can't wait to try other types.

Clara Noir

Familiar Face
Rib reduction?

Does anything have this effect? I have minimal belly lard, my waist is naturally small. I have bought a 50s dress I want to wear as my wedding dress later this year, but it's a little bit too small around my ribs. It limits movement a bit too much for my liking. So, do any of these foundations reduce rib measurements? It's a fairly thin material; you can see my tattoos through it, so i will also need a slip to go under it. Extra bulk. Argh.

Up until now I've never needed anything except a padded bra and suspender belt to complete a look. Also, and I don't want to break and forum rules by asking this, but if anyone has any pics of what a 50s brides underwear would be like, please either post a link, or pm me or whatever would be most appropriate.

Thank you!:eek:

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Clara Noir said:
Does anything have this effect? I have minimal belly lard, my waist is naturally small. I have bought a 50s dress I want to wear as my wedding dress later this year, but it's a little bit too small around my ribs. It limits movement a bit too much for my liking. So, do any of these foundations reduce rib measurements?

No, a girdle will not reduce your rib measurement. I'm pretty sure the only way you can do that is through years of tightlacing.

Also, and I don't want to break and forum rules by asking this, but if anyone has any pics of what a 50s brides underwear would be like, please either post a link, or pm me or whatever would be most appropriate.

Probably just pretty lingerie in white, just like today. Except that probably means sheer nylon panties instead of a thong and a girdle instead of a garter belt.

pigeon toe

One Too Many
deadpandiva said:
I have avoided this thread because I have juch a hard time with Corsets and Girdles. I have had my eye on the Rago Corselet but I think it would turn out to be too large on top. Also I have an open bottom girdle and it pulls me in alot but then my thighs rub together and start to smoke. :mad:
I have one that looks a little like bike shorts but it rids up at the inner thigh.

I think I'm just destined to be lumpy.:(

My girdle smushes my thighs together sometimes too, so what I do is pull it up really high, like right under my bust (I'm very short-waisted though, so yours might not be able to go up that high). That way it doesn't go as far down on my thighs, therefore they are less smushed together!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy