Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

girls in guy's garb

ThesFlishThngs

One Too Many
Nowhere near as tailored as chanteuse, unfortunately.
4078997442_9ab8561e2e_b.jpg

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
My husband is going to need his tails back for the upcoming West Coast Ragtime Festival in Sacramento to wear on Saturday night for the Grand March. I gotta let the sleeves back down on his tux shirt, put new elastic on the back of the vest, and rehem the tailcoat sleeves!

No mannish duds for me, I'll be wearing a lace evening bustier/corset and a long skirt!

Our son will probably need the sleeves on his tailcoat lengthened and the tux trousers lengthened too.

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
analiebe and TFlthings, you ladies both look terrific!! I love how you combine the menswear pieces with the feminine accessories and make the look completely and uniquely your own...

Mrs. Merl

Practically Family
Not so very lovely as the other ladies postings, but I like to sport knickers on a regular basis and they kind of fit in this thread.

Two different looks with my knickers...

PikesPeak033.jpg
[/IMG]

ShootingSteph.jpg
[/IMG]

I have a great men's fedora that I would love to be able to wear on a more regular basis, but I want to make a gentleman's inspired suit tailored for my figure. This thread has helped inspire me to start sketching at least.

analiebe

A-List Customer
Mrs. Merl said:
Not so very lovely as the other ladies postings, but I like to sport knickers on a regular basis and they kind of fit in this thread.

i simply LOVE! your sports knickers... been hunting some vintage ones for ever now but think i'll use you as an inspiration to make some of my own!!

Mrs. Merl

Practically Family
I got mine military surplus. I could make them look more vintage by removing the patch pockets, but since I am not always going totally vintage when hiking I find them more useful left on. Anyway, I am a pretty good sized girl so surplus often works out for me, if I can find small enough sizes. And surplus is usually really cheap - so it all works out!

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Mrs. Merl, these look so cute on you! I especially like the ski look. Sigh, with my thighs I'm not sure I could pull off a knickers look or jodpurs...though I do have muscular calves.

Mrs. Merl said:

Two different looks with my knickers...

PikesPeak033.jpg
[/IMG]

ShootingSteph.jpg
[/IMG]

I have a great men's fedora that I would love to be able to wear on a more regular basis, but I want to make a gentleman's inspired suit tailored for my figure. This thread has helped inspire me to start sketching at least.

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
Quigley Brown said:
...but a guy wearing women's clothes is a weirdo.

Depends on if you count girl's jeans as women's clothes. I see those all the time, and no one bats an eye.

edit: and i just noticed that I had not read the entire thread, only the first page. <sarcasm> I have strong internet-fu</sarcasm>

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eve_grace