Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

girls in guy's garb

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
3086597642_cf9cebe628.jpg

Mugwump

One of the Regulars
Interesting...there's a lot of inspiration here! Fantastic pictures, everybody! :eusa_clap

Saw a pattern for a 1930's tux cut for women, now I'm regretting not snapping it when I could...still, I love being able to carry off the look, provided I wear enough makeup and have the hair styled femininely enough (otherwise I look way too butch lol ).

Almost makes it worth those fedora style hats I love to buy :D

Marla

A-List Customer
Here's a photo of my grandmother as a young woman, dressed up in guy's garb at a picnic with friends. What makes this photo highly unusual is that behavior like this is completely uncharacteristic of my stern and conservative grandma! Perhaps she was drunk? Or maybe trying to get the attention of a young man in attendance who would later become her husband.
5052173576_0cf80a999a.jpg

She obviously carried it too far--the chap on the right isn't happy about her snatching up his garmoshka.

Amie

One of the Regulars
Was just watching the documentary about Olive Thomas. Here's Ollie looking like a mannish gal:
SaronyOlive.Thomas.jpg

Someone has probably posted this already, but I loved Louise Brooks in Beggars of Life. Here's a pic from that film:
beggarsoflife4.jpg

And here's her in a poignant scene in the same film moments before going on the run:
beggars.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tuatara