Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Giveaway ?

Brandrea33

One Too Many
I did a quick search and didn’t come up with anything, so I thought I’d post here in this forum as it’s been where I spend my time. Apologies to the mods who may need to move this:rolleyes:

I’m wondering if the forum (content decision makers) have ever considered a “giveaway” for say a jacket, made available to the members by way of a donation?

Basically, members would make a donation to the forum and enter a giveaway. The “forum” owner/ administrator would do a random draw for a lucky winner. There might be 200 or 300 open spots at say $20 a spot. The lucky winner would win a jacket for example.

One of the vendor members here would then coordinate with the winner directly for size, style and exact details etc. The extra money goes back to the forum for costs associated with running the giveaway or just for general purposes.

I belong to a watch forum and this has been a very popular activity over there. Granted I realize a jacket isn’t exactly as easy a giveaway as a watch ...

Anyway just a thought and was curious if the idea has ever been discussed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff