Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Glad I Found This Forum

Goose.

Practically Family
First post...just got posting and search permissions set up within the last few hours.

Stumbled into this watering hole while searching for a Akubra Hampton using Google.

Planning to get the Hampton, but wanted to see what my huge noggin (60)looks like in a stingy brim first...so I ordered a Barmah Trilby that should be here this week (opinions/pics of the Barmah/Akubra stingy brims are very welcome).

The past few days I found my old stored Akubra Sydney and my Brent Black Panamas...I am ashamed of how I have taken care of them...or, more accurately, neglected them for almost ten years :( So, I will be moving on now to search for tips on getting them back to par (mis-shaped and shrunk a bit).

Anyway, wanted to state that I have learned a ton already just from reading, to thank you for those posts, and introduce myself.

All The Best,
Goose.

Wolfwood

A-List Customer
I'm pretty new here as well, but welcome from me as well!

Would be interesting to know what head size actually qualifies as huge and what is merely average... My head size is 62 and I think it is pretty big, but there are bigger skulls out there...

Goose.

Practically Family
Wolfwood said:
I'm pretty new here as well, but welcome from me as well!

Would be interesting to know what head size actually qualifies as huge and what is merely average... My head size is 62 and I think it is pretty big, but there are bigger skulls out there...
Thanks for the "welcome" notes Brothers of The Sombrero.

As for the question of what qualifies as "huge", I guess it's not so much that by itself as a reason is that I wear an EXTRA Large...it's added to the fact that my noggin is big in proportion to my body. Since I was a kid, peeps always said I have a big head. I tell them that I don't and that actually my shoulders are small ;)

In fact, I guess I started wearing hats to disguise or distract. not certain it works, but I wear a hat every day. It may have started with a wierd purpose, now I wear a hat because they make sense, serve a purpose(s), and look cool IMHO. In fact, I've known peeps that have never seen me without a hat...be it a ball cap or otherwise. One time this gal I knew came over to visit my wife. I've known that lady for about 10 years. I answered the door and she asked "is Goose here?". I replied "Hi Teresa"...she was floored and embarassed that she didn't recognize me and stated it was because I wasn't wearing a hat. :)

Hey, I notice I don't see a lot about Barmahs on this forum? Something I should know about? Will be getting the Barmah black wool Tribly this week and am curious.

Thanks again for the welcome.

Me on the Big Island (Hawai'i) about 11 years ago in one of my Brent Black's... http://mongoose.smugmug.com/photos/457683508_5F4Nd-XL-1.jpg

Goose. said:
Planning to get the Hampton, but wanted to see what my huge noggin (60)looks like in a stingy brim first...so I ordered a Barmah Trilby that should be here this week (opinions/pics of the Barmah/Akubra stingy brims are very welcome).
Welcome Goose. Don't sound so huge. I'm a 61 while average height but a little husky build. 5'10" 205lbs. Need the large noggin for all the brains I'm packing! My brother is 6'2" & is a 59, has some sense too. What kind of bike do you ride?

Goose.

Practically Family
gtdean48 said:
Welcome Goose. Don't sound so huge. I'm a 61 while average height but a little husky build. 5'10" 205lbs. Need the large noggin for all the brains I'm packing! My brother is 6'2" & is a 59, has some sense too. What kind of bike do you ride?
I'm 5'11" and 213 lbs worth of bacon, scrapple, SPAM, and Bud Light.
My scoot is 2006 FLHRI (Road King). Here's a link of an interesting parking job I pulled in Wyoming the second month I had it. Was used to the Dyna which I just sold and had it's kickstand in a diff position (that's my excuse).

I tried to post a pic using the gig between the URL but can't get it to work here...so here's the link (wore a full face, thus the doo-rag...
hat under my vest...Eagle Scout's Honor): [url]http://mongoose.smugmug.com/photos/269514519_K7hxd-M-1.jpg[/url]

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Goose. said:
The past few days I found my old stored Akubra Sydney and my Brent Black Panamas

Welcome to the Lounge.
Let's see those Brent Blacks. Unless someone has been keeping it a secret, you might be the only person here with more than one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eve_grace