Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Glittery/Sparkling Shoes

Naama

Practically Family
Well, I'm not thaaat sure, but I would think that for special occasions it would be something people could have worn in the 40's. Somehow I feel like I've seen some sparkling shoes in some golden era movies..... Or do I remember that wrong?

Naama

~landgirl~

A-List Customer
Inside the shoe it says 'Vintage' in swirly writing, so I am guessing they are suppose to be based on a style of shoe - well I will wear them with a vintage inspired dress anyhows!

GOK

One Too Many
The important thing is whether you like them or not, Jen. If they are not 100% period perfect, does it matter, so long as you are happy with them and they go with what you are wearing?

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
I can think of other period correct sparkly shoes!

r1118a.jpg

:D

Sunny

One Too Many
I know that silver- and gold-colored evening shoes were pretty popular, especially in the 1920s and into the 1930s. I can't remember seeing any shoes that were actually glittery, but I can see that as possible. Especially as a costume piece - maybe a nightclub dancer!

Fleur De Guerre said:
I can think of other period correct sparkly shoes!

r1118a.jpg

:D

Aww, ain't they sweet!

Miss Dottie

Practically Family
I think they are darling and just the thing to wear to ring in the new year.

And I could see Ginger Rogers floating across the dance floor in those silver ones.

Rosie

One Too Many
Please correct me if I'm wrong but I seem to remember Ms. Rita Hayworth wearing a sparkly shoe, maybe in Gilda [huh] or another movie where she was dancing and singing. [huh] Maybe I'm wrong.

Regardless, Landgirl, those shoes are supercute! I've always had a thing for sparkly shoes but never mustered up enough courage to buy any. :eek:

ladyk

Familiar Face
I have a pair of silver 40's platforms that once upon a time were sparkly. Now they're exhausted but sparkle doesn't travel well does it?! But yes, definately. Hmmm... I might have to but a pair for myself. Those red ones are lovely!

~landgirl~

A-List Customer
ladyk said:
I have a pair of silver 40's platforms that once upon a time were sparkly. Now they're exhausted but sparkle doesn't travel well does it?! But yes, definately. Hmmm... I might have to but a pair for myself. Those red ones are lovely!

and so cheap!

~landgirl~

A-List Customer
Wow - the shoes just arrived by UPS and they are gorgeous! But a 4 inch heel!
I am already 5'8 - that makes me a 6fter. I don't usually wear heels that big, I hope I can walk in them!

Tourbillion

Practically Family
On the bay, Ive seen gold lam?© and silver lam?© shoes, as well as gold and silver kid. Also shoes with rhinestone heels and straps.

Glitter away!

fleur

One of the Regulars
Just a tip for keeping the sparklies on the shoes is to give them a spray with a good strong hold hairspray before you wear them. Less shedding of sparkle that way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn