Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

gloves with A2

dennisp

New in Town
Since it is getting colder out (at least where I live), I was wondering what gloves a pilot would have worn with his A2 jacket. Would the A10 be appropriate? If so, would the cuff be worn inside or outside of the jacket cuff?
Thanks,
Dennis

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
There are propably some rules and regulations for what's outside what somewhere. But look at it this way:
If you put on the jacket first, and then the gloves - what would be outside what?
If you put on the gloves first - and then the jacket?
;)
The A10 sounds like a good choice.
Here are some other gloves you might consider:

AG140.jpg

Paratroopers glove.

raf193320b.jpg

RAF pilot type 1940 (No problem with the cuffs there!)

DutchIndo

A-List Customer
I was also pondering the same question. One has to remember they used what ever was availible especially in war time. I'm sure there was a lot of private purchases seeing that Officers can get away with it.

Marv

A-List Customer
I tend to wear the USAAF Officer gloves with my A2

Offglv.jpg

and the USAAF A10 with my Irvin

A-10.jpg

dennisp

New in Town
Thanks Spitfire. Maybe I am trying to over complicate this! Your KISS (keep it simple stupid) answer makes a lot of sense. Now I just have to find a reasonably priced pair of A-10's.
Dennis

Hawk_Eye

One of the Regulars
I usually wear a pair of these with my jackets. Current issue British officers gloves (or at least they were advertised as such). Pretty similar to those worn by the Brits in ww2.

gloves005.jpg

J. M. Stovall

Call Me a Cab
I did a quick Google but couldn't find anything like these. Can you share were you got them?

Hawk_Eye said:
I usually wear a pair of these with my jackets. Current issue British officers gloves (or at least they were advertised as such). Pretty similar to those worn by the Brits in ww2.

gloves005.jpg

Hawk_Eye

One of the Regulars
Ebay. Found them under a search for either officers gloves, or british army gloves. I just did a search and the guy I bought them from doesnt have any up right now, but he lists them fairly regularly, just got to keep your eyes open.

Doug C

Practically Family
I bought a pair of A-10 gloves from Garcia Aviation a couple years back. I wore them with my Indy jackets and they were fine, the knits tucked neatly into the sleeve of the Indy jacket because there are no cuffs, but when I bought my A-1 I found that the knits on the gloves and the knits on my jacket bugged me...both competed for wrist space and I got annoyed with having to adjust one on top of the other. So, what I did, and I know this won't be for everyone... I removed the knits from the gloves! So now they basically slip over the cuffs of the jacket easily. I plan to keep this pair for the jackets with knit cuffs and get myself a nicer pair of A-10s (the eastmans or ricksons) for use with my Indy jacket and won't be removing the knits on those. These now remind me of the summer flying gloves.

Doug C

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats