Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Good news for an old '35 Plymouth.

The Reno Kid

A-List Customer
I saw a '35 Plymouth for sale today at the Hot August Nights swap meet. They always have a bunch of old cars for sale there, usually at highly inflated prices. However, there was an all original '35 4 door sedan that was up for (if I remember correctly) $11K. You could probably find one for less but it was not a bad price, considering the car's condition. I didn't ask, but it looked like it could be driven away. Sharp car!:cool:

Wild Root

Gone Home
That's not a bad price for a four door '35. The '35 models are hard to find in original stock shape. If it was unmolested and retained her original beauty, interior, and paint was good and was drivable, that's not a bad price!

What color was it?

=WR=

The Reno Kid

A-List Customer
Wild Root said:
What color was it?
=WR=

Classic black. I used to think black was boring on cars from the classic era, but as I see more of them, I really like it. It's sort of like the car is saying, "I've got enough style that I don't need to shout in bright colors." I guess it's the power of understatement. Anyway, the car was in good shape. The sheet metal was straight as far as I could tell. The upholstery was worn, but still useable. It looked like everything was there. All in all, it was a nice car.

Michaelson

One Too Many
For some reason this reminded me that I put back a scale model of a 1948 Chevy Fleetliner for my son-in-law's birthday that's coming up in a couple weeks. I need to find it tonight. Why did I buy him a scale model?
To remind him what the car he bought that's currently sinking into the ground behind my garage is SUPPOSED to look like when he gets around to working on it!:mad:
[huh]
Regards!!Michaelson

Wild Root

Gone Home
Black is ok...

Yes, black does look sharp on any number of vintage 20's to 40's autos... for me, it's over done. I see plenty of them here and I just sigh and say: Oh me, another black sheep.

Well, I enjoy color! Some came in beautiful two tones... I have seen some beautiful combos... if one likes dark colors, there's always the classic dark marron, green or blue! Nice stuff!

=WR=

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart