Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Good news for an old '35 Plymouth.

Wild Root

Gone Home
Well, today I was driving around with fellow member of the Lounge (Powerhouse) and we went over to a garage to see if they can rebuild my driveshaft to my '46... we saw a rare car in the back of the lot... a 1935 Plymouth business coupe! All original and complete! It’s needing full restoration... it had some dents and surface rust, kind of looked like a parts car... we were wondering what the future had in store for it... so, we asked the owner of the shop and he replied that they're going to restore it! The owner of the car dropped it off and wanted a modern drive train, trans and motor but, wanted everything to look stock original. So, that is really a nice thing to know.

So, this rare '35 Plymouth biz coupe will get fully restored to original with the exception of the motor and trans and drive train. They call this "Resto Rodding" which is taking an original auto and making it look original on the outside and in, but with contemporary power plant and such.

Here's an image of a '35 Plymouth Biz Coupe... I think it's one of the smartest Plymouth made! This is what it should look like when it's done.

1935-Plymouth-Coupe-black-E-640.jpg

1935-Plymouth-Coupe-black-A-640.jpg

=WR=

Wild Root

Gone Home
Tony, I'm with you... I hope they drop a MoPar power plant in it! But, at least it will look like an original '35 unlike a stupid toy with flames and such!

Hey Neecerie, cool avatar! Yeah, you wouldn't drool if you saw the real car I'm talking about... broken glass, no headliner, dents and rust... it's a mess! Even the hood ornament is busted off... it's sad because that's a very hard part to find! 1935 had the best hood ornament of all the years of Plymouth! Agree?
plym3501b.jpg

=WR=

Wild Root

Gone Home
I'm the same way... Powerhouse and I were just drooling and sighing at how cool this car will be when it's finished... I wonder what color they'll paint it... I hope Aviator Blue! That's a great 30's color.

=WR=

Rosie

One Too Many
Wild Root said:
I'm the same way... Powerhouse and I were just drooling and sighing at how cool this car will be when it's finished... I wonder what color they'll paint it... I hope Aviator Blue! That's a great 30's color.

=WR=

lol I was all
362465on.gif
until I read the second line.

While in Virginia this weekend, I saw a GREAT older car but, it was gone before I could snap a picture. :(

Wild Root

Gone Home
G. Fink-Nottle said:
Most certainly. That hood ornament is a work of art.

Agreed! And it was the bottom of the line Brand of the Chrysler family... Plymouth was the low priced car of the group but, it had beautiful styling! They had some fine designers over at Plymouth!

=WR=

Twitch

My Mail is Forwarded Here
If the plucked-out drive train is rebuildable they'll probably sell it to someone for their totally stock Plymouth too perhaps giving it longer life.
th_arg-green-car.gif

Twitch

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I'm taking my Packard to a local cruise-in tomorrow afternoon. Cruise-in is simply a gathering of vintage autos. It's behind the Fuddruckers restaurant in Lakewood attached to the Lakewood Mall. There will probably be 100 cars of all eras and types.

It's a real time machine for me when I peer out over the long hood housing the straight 8 as I roll down the road- yeah Panama on head. Ahhh!:)
50.jpg

Wild Root

Gone Home
Man, if you lived here with that car... people wouldn't even show up because your car would put them all to shame!

Seriously Mr. H. that car of yours is a miracle!

=WR=

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eve_grace