Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Good price, high shipping!!!

majormajor

One Too Many
That's just stupid. He'll probably get no bids, but it won't cost him because ebay was doing free listings last week.:D

cordwangler

One of the Regulars
Because Ebay is fussy, it's always better to overprice postage than underprice it - especially because there are so many postage variables when shipping abroad. A high postage estimate doesn't always mean the seller is greedy. Would be good if there was a way to indicate the range of possible options, but there isn't.

It's best to be clear about all this in the item description.

nick123

I'll Lock Up
Another fedora lounge member linked me this auction because I have been looking for an aero jacket in a tall size. I have actually been in contact with this guy..he has been accomodating with the measurement inquiries I have had. A good guy, and I think that he changed the price to help me out in some way. Unfortunately, even though the sleeve/body length works out fine for me, I am passing, because I really need a 38.

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
I sent a Lewis leathers bike jacket to Japan from the UK, with the minimum insurance the cost was around £73 and that was over 5 years ago. Up the insurance due to the value, make it an express delivery and you are speaking about £100+.
I have almost given up on eBay due to postage costs, fees for eBay and PayPal and of course increased fraud on non delivery of items since ebay removed the sellers option to give negative feedback. This has been my experience dealing with international sales.
It hasn't always been the case, but now I usually send all items with some form of recorded delivery.

schitzo

Suspended
I think it makes good sense to put your item on ebay (on free listings weekends) and then in the description you add that it may be taken down at any moment because it's also listed in the classifieds on the fedora lounge. Paypal fees are fine by me but 10% sellers fees is, IMO, a bit greedy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany