Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Good vintage Norfolk suit -- full set

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
The Norfolk suit, that staple of the early 20th century, had a big comeback in the later 1960s. Orphaned jackets show up on eBay and Etsy all the time, but complete suits are rare. This is a good one: wool tweed, not polyester. The trousers can't be seen well in the auction photo, but they're almost certainly flat front, narrowish and slightly tapered (much as they would have been in the early 1900s.) Worth a bid!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vtg-Mens-Be...pt=Vintage_Men_s_Clothing&hash=item415cb554f8

Flat Foot Floey

My Mail is Forwarded Here
:eeek: Beautiful suit Mario. Well worth the price if the stains come out

The norfolk suit is a thing I like but don't know if I would wear. Don't like narrow pants and it reminds me of hunting which I don't do. [huh]

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
I was amazed that you didn't stick it in this thread.

It sold so quickly after being listed, I never even saw it!

In this thread, I stick in auctions that I think Loungers might actually bid on. I've rarely come across any Lounger who would pay $475 for a BIN vintage suit. IMO, Loungers prefer to spend their (big) money on hats and leather jackets. It's just the nature of this website.

Mario

I'll Lock Up
I usually don't have $475 at hand to spend on a single piece - or set - of wardrobe, but if I did I would rather spend it on a nice vintage suit like the one I posted than on a leather jacket. Truth be told, I found that suit rather...eh...mouth watering, so to speak - even though I generally prefer single breasted suits.

avedwards

Call Me a Cab
The Norfolk suit appears to be my size (or alterable to my size) but it would help if the seller gave some more measurements, maybe including the trousers... Even though I am currently looking for a nice tweed suit I'm not sure if I could pull that off as I'm predominantly a city person and would prefer a tweed suit with a more "ordinary" cut.

That suit Mario posted is amazing and my size, but sadly too expensive and too late :(.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy