Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Good Wear: Pulled the trigger!

mendelboaz

One Too Many
I finally took the plunge and sent my $200 deposit to Good Wear last night. I specified a Bronco pattern with Dull Russet Horsehide, medium golden brown knits, light olive thread and nickel repro Talon. Waiting time is 18-22 months.

I was hoping you could provide me with some pictures and information. If anyone could provide pictures of the following, that would be great.

-Bronco pattern fit pics
-Dull Russet Horsehide worn-in pics
-Californian Racer fit pics

John Chapman uses Shinki, right? Which patterns are your favorite? Can anyone who owns the Californian Racer tell me how it compares to other Buco J-100 repros?

devilish

A-List Customer
Here's my GW J-100. I believe this was the first one actually copied from the original. Not Shinki but Horween. It is a fantastic pattern. Great range of movement for such a close fitting jacket.

IMG_0004%202_zpsaycl0twv.jpg

nick123

I'll Lock Up
I'm putting an order in when I graduate 2-year college. It should arrive by the time I have my B.A. That's my plan.

Jägernaut

Practically Family
I don't mind the wait. Gives me time to save the money. Besides, a Goodwear is the only jacket I'm willing to pull the trigger on in the +$1000 range now.

chamboid

One of the Regulars
Nice choice. Lovely pattern the Bronco. I was original down for a Bronco, then changed my mind to a Dubow, then to a Doniger, Monarch, then Star, then settled on a Monarch. Dull russet Shinki, gold brown knits, brass triple marked Talon.

I haven't had a chance to really wear it after receiving it a few months back, but fit and drape of the leather is superb.

devilish

A-List Customer
Thanks. Not the first time a GW has been responsible for a proposition. Haha! I have been very lucky as I have said before and have never had to wait for mine. eBay, forums and John's sales page have been good to me. That doesn't mean though that I don't think they are worth the wait. At some point I will put down a deposit. Either on an ANJ-4 or SAT A-2.

Superfluous

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Congrats Mendelboaz. While JC is best known for his spectacular A-2s, his evolving civilian jackets are also stellar -- the Modoc, Ventura and my Imperial:

Goodwear%20Imperial%2080_zps0lhz9xny.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran