Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Got my Top Hat...

Tony in Tarzana

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Just need all the other stuff. lol

Here it is, by Singewald in Hamburg, Germany. And it fits! Perfectly, even!

SingewaldTopHat08.jpg

S

Samsa

Very nice hat! Not many men these days could pull off a top hat with anything other than a tux, but it looks like you're one of the happy few who can!

Tony in Tarzana

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thanks, guys! Now to work up the nerve to wear it out of the house!

deanglen, that's interesting. I knew I wanted one for a while, but I wasn't sure if it really would work for me, but when it arrived and I put it on and looked in the mirror, it looked as if I'd been born with it.

I'm really not sure what I'd wear with it. I just have my cheap Men's Wearhouse black suit on in the pictures. I'd love to get a true white tie and tails outfit, but it's not in the budget just now.

I guess I'll cross that bridge when I get to it. Real quality top hats are rare as hen's teeth in my size, so I had to grab it, and I paid more for it than for any of my other hats. In fact my two Borsalino Homburgs together with shipping didn't cost as much.

I wrote the seller a note to thank him not only for the great hat, but also for getting the size measurement correct, and he told me he paid just about what I paid when he first got it.

Now all I have to do is kill that "Steve-O" guy in those fakakta "Sneaux Shoes" commercials... he's a menace to top hat wearers everywhere!

And Doc, the framework is coming along nicely, but I'm still working on getting Maybach to build the engines. It seems they're too busy building overpriced cars for basketball players to go back to making Zeppelin engines. ;)

"Doc" Devereux

One Too Many
Tony in Tarzana said:
And Doc, the framework is coming along nicely, but I'm still working on getting Maybach to build the engines. It seems they're too busy building overpriced cars for basketball players to go back to making Zeppelin engines. ;)

Obviously they suffer from a lack of clarity on the matter of what constitutes a priority customer. I shall go and Explain Things To Them.

"Doc" Devereux

One Too Many
Tony in Tarzana said:
Offer them the use of some of your Dogs for the Daft. lol

Actually I was thinking of using a Broomhandle Mauser and a bit of menace, but that might work as well. I'm just a bit of a traditionalist sometimes. ;)

Siirous

One of the Regulars
scotrace said:
Geez! Is there NO hat in which you don't look grand???

I tried to dig up that old thread with the crochet hats from the 1970's, but the pictures that had been posted are no longer hosted it seems :p

But it really does look good. I've been wanting a nice top hat for a long time, and how you seem to pull it off is encouraging that I might be able to do the same :)

Rob

funneman

Practically Family
An excellent topper!

I must concur with the others on this thread, you look great in the hat!

BTW what exactly consitutes "Cheap Suit" from Men's Warehouse.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skipbarnes