Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gotta control that Frizz

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I have been in search of the perfect method to alleviate frizz. My hair has a wave to it, it's not curly or poker straight, and in the summer or warmer months, I have a major frizz problem.
Well, I think I've found it. I thought I would share these recommendations with you ladies.
First is a leave in conditioner by Bed Head called Ego Boost. It is actually a split end repairer, but I've found that my hair is much less frizzy since I've started using it. It is a lotion that I put in my hair when wet, and then I use a little bit when it's dry. It is not greasy or oily like other anti-frizz ointments. Some other methods are just too sticky and gooey. It also doesn't weigh my hair down, like some of the other heavier concoctions. When I do my hair in curls, I have no fly-aways. This stuff really helps.
The second item I've discovered is a flat steam iron by Vidal Sassoon. This thing is great, for when I don't have the patients to curl my hair, and have to wear it straight. It not only removes all wave, but makes my hair incrdibly soft and shiny. It also comes with removeable plates, one of which re-creates a fingerwave quite well. It's great in a quick fix, when I just don't have the time of putting in fingerwaves, or just don't have the patience.
My frizz problem is finally under control, with the help from just two items.
If you are interested in the Vidal Sassoon flat steam iron you can find it here. I highly recommend both of these products for gals who have straight hair, have a frizz problem, and want a quick way to do fingerwaves.

Sunny

One Too Many
Ooh, thank you for the recommendations! :eusa_clap I'll definitely be checking these out!

I, too, have a major frizz problem, but it's year-round. Not straight, not curly, fairly thick, and unfortunately rather on the coarse side. Heretofore, the only thing that has eliminated my frizz problem is an 1860s styling product: hair oil. lol

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
getting great product information is always wonderful! I too have frizz issues. My biggest help is
#1. not washing my hair daily but more every other day
#2. Use high quality products (Loreal has some great new products that I"ve found at Sally Beauty Supply, I've had great results with them)
#3. Use a good pomade, or leave in conditioner. (again, I'm using Loreal, I also really like Pantene as well)

Caledonia

Practically Family
I'm on Charles Worthington serum applied while hair is wet then leave to dry. Or, if I want to emphasise the wavy curls, any curl enhancer that's a bit gel-like. Mousse doesn't do it as well. And if I want to get it nice and smooth over the crown but wavy at the ends I stick on my Tilley hat while it's drying. Strange but it works.

RedShoesGirl

One of the Regulars
ooh, i gotta check out that steam iron thing. my hair thinned out after surgery but is still frizzy! i like the way it curls when i am at the beach, but no humidity out here in the desert.

rsg

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
mysterygal said:
#3. Use a good pomade, or leave in conditioner. (again, I'm using Loreal, I also really like Pantene as well)
Looking through my products, I need to correct what I said I use! For frizz control, I'm using Neutrogena Triple Moisture, smooth shine anti-frizz cream also I've had great results with another product from Neutrogena's Silk Touch leave-in cream
Last week I bought a product I've never tried before and really like the results with this as well. With putting curlers in my hair I need to put something that will hold the hair/ or curl before putting the actual curlers in, KMS- Silker, shaping cream leaves the hair looking smooth while letting you get some great curls.

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
mysterygal said:
Looking through my products, I need to correct what I said I use! For frizz control, I'm using Neutrogena Triple Moisture, smooth shine anti-frizz cream...

That stuff is awesome! I've been using it for a couple of months now and I really like it.

My favorite product is Aura Humectant pomade. It really cuts frizz and adds a ton of shine.

Daisy Buchanan

RedShoesGirl said:
ooh, i gotta check out that steam iron thing. my hair thinned out after surgery but is still frizzy! i like the way it curls when i am at the beach, but no humidity out here in the desert.

rsg
Yes, the best curl I get is when I'm at the beach! I think it has something to do with the salt in the air and water. Now when I curl my hair, before using setting lotion I spray my head down with salty water in a spray bottle. Kosher or sea salt works the best. Table salt is just too fine.

pigeon toe

One Too Many
I have wavy hair that just turns into a gross ball of frizz if I dont put anything in it. My favorite product by far is Citreshine De-frizz Serum (I think that's what its called!). It smells excellent and works wonders!

I want to try out the sea salt thing now though, beach hair is always the best.

Daisy Buchanan

pigeon toe said:
I have wavy hair that just turns into a gross ball of frizz if I dont put anything in it. My favorite product by far is Citreshine De-frizz Serum (I think that's what its called!). It smells excellent and works wonders!

I want to try out the sea salt thing now though, beach hair is always the best.
I have used the citrishine in the past, and it is the one anti-frizz product that I like the best, aside from the bed head. It smells really good, and doesn't make my hair look greasy, like some of the other anti-frizz products do. It's a good finishing touch. The bed head ego boost is good because it is a leave in conditioner, makes my hair not only shiny and smooth, but easier to manage. You can use as little or as much of it as you want without having that gooey feeling that some other products can leave behind. It too smells, great.

pigeon toe

One Too Many
Daisy Buchanan said:
I have used the citrishine in the past, and it is the one anti-frizz product that I like the best, aside from the bed head. It smells really good, and doesn't make my hair look greasy, like some of the other anti-frizz products do. It's a good finishing touch. The bed head ego boost is good because it is a leave in conditioner, makes my hair not only shiny and smooth, but easier to manage. You can use as little or as much of it as you want without having that gooey feeling that some other products can leave behind. It too smells, great.

Do you use Citreshine when your hair is dry? I was doing that for awhile and it had no effect, but when i put it into damp hair it works wonders!

I just wish my waves were more cohesive. I'm stuck with little waves all over so it looks like I crimped my hair up all 80's style!

Daisy Buchanan

pigeon toe said:
Do you use Citreshine when your hair is dry? I was doing that for awhile and it had no effect, but when i put it into damp hair it works wonders!

I just wish my waves were more cohesive. I'm stuck with little waves all over so it looks like I crimped my hair up all 80's style!

I have the same problem with the little waves. It's just so annoying, I wish it would stick with one thing, instead of haveing multiple personality disorder. I used the citrishine when my hair was dry, just as a finishing touch to add shine. We might be using different citrishine products. I think mine was called frizz away. I also just remembered that a few summers ago I used the citrishine shampoo and conditioner. It worked really well, and I only changed because I wanted to use a shampoo that promoted hair growth, so I switched to Bumble and Bumble. Expensive, but so worth it. I have so much new hair growth, which is great because I'm on low dose chemotherapy, and although I don't lose all my hair, I have lost at least half of it.
I'll try putting it into my wet hair and see what happens. I forgot, because I haven't used it in a while, but FrizzEase also makes a great anti-frizz serum.

ChezPez

New in Town
I have curly hair, so frizz is inevitable, especially when I try to blow dry my hair straight. I will say though that the flat iron works wonders. I wish I knew about this Vidal Sassoon one though, because mine was quite expensive... it works great, heats up quickly, and helps defrizz, but again...expensive.

I personally never liked FrizzEase, but maybe thats because my hair's a little too out of control for it. Oh well, curly hair- a blessing and a curse all in one. I can't wait to try out some of the suggestions here though. It never occurred to me to try leave in conditioners. I should know better!

Elaina

One Too Many
I don't like Firzzease either, it makes my hair too greasy.

I'm sorry you're having all the health problems, Daisy. I found when I was halfway through my meds that I had to alter my hair care products. The volumizer shampoos also helped wonders, and it puffs it out but keeps it from being too frizzy too, followed by a heavy conditioner (which helps all around, I get a pantene knockoff from Walgreens called Silky shiny smooth vitamin conditioner). But for the hear regrowth, I opted for Mane-n-tail, it's a good shampoo and is a little cheaper then the others out there.

Usually shampooing, heavy conditioner and a light rub down with gel and then pinning my hair up (or setting it) helps keep the frizzies away. Big hair is STILL a problem, but I'm in Texas, so I can get away with it.;)

Elaina

pigeon toe

One Too Many
If you're willing to spend a few (well, a lot) extra bucks, I've heard really good things about Kiehl's Leave-In Conditioner. I have a gift card at Nordstrom's so I'm gonna try to pick it up and see if it tames the frizzies I get from my hot rollers.

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
Stay away from curling irons! I bought one this past weekend thinking it would be great to make some spirals. It really dried my hair out. I've found I get the best results all around with sponge curlers.

pigeon toe

One Too Many
mysterygal said:
Stay away from curling irons! I bought one this past weekend thinking it would be great to make some spirals. It really dried my hair out. I've found I get the best results all around with sponge curlers.

Unfortunately, I'm addicted to the curling iron. I don't even know how to use sponge rollers. Does it take forever to dry and aren't they hard to sleep on?

pigeon toe said:
Unfortunately, I'm addicted to the curling iron. I don't even know how to use sponge rollers. Does it take forever to dry and aren't they hard to sleep on?

For those that like sponge rollers but hate sleeping in them, I found a roller I love made by Scunci. They have the foam roller in a little fabric case with a wire in the middle. The work like a combination of a roller and a rag curl. After you roll them, you just twist the ends together. The give a great curl and are very comfy to sleep in. I found mine at K-mart.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner